• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alex Golesh ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Fair points. Let me take them 1 by 1. 

Co-OC: Golesh wasn’t the co-OC at Tennessee. He was the OC. Period. But even by title, him and CJS are VERY difference. What was Jeff Scott’s calling card schematically? Any idea? I sure don’t. 

I chose my words carefully.  He was a co-offensive coordinator at UCF recently

I was trying to highlight how funny it was to take the stance that this is not like Jeff Scott.  That is absolutely a losing argument to make right now because at a high level they are similar on a few big bullet points that I listed.  

I understand it's not a 1-1 comparison but it is a fair one.  Fans are once again being asked to 'have faith' when they were other options out there.  (Young first time coordinators have a steeper hill to climb and less of a bench to go to when filling staff)  USF could have had someone like Tom Herman who had less risks (HC experience, AAC recruiting experience, etc)..but instead FAU got him despite their team having played 0 games played in this conference, and despite starting their search much later than us.

Sure hiring someone like Herman only makes the people that wanted a Head Coach happy in the short term and doesn't mean we automatically do better next year.  But hiring an unknown also doesn't automatically make us better next year and in the short term it reeks of groundhog day triggering our PTSD.

I don't think people should be throwing in the towel/cancelling season tickets but I absolutely understand why they are that frustrated.  (But I think the sting will lessen over time)

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

I will go on record of saying that I won’t fall into another hype trap like I did on our previous hires. I won’t be exiting until I see wins on the field. Please hire a great DC…

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

The only thing USF is good for anymore is a few good laughs.  There is nothing more to say.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I shut the computer off early last night and woke up to find out MK pulled a rabbit out of his hat and his name is Alex Golesh.  Just when I thought USF couldn't disappoint any further there's this...sigh

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

9 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

This is a fact.  We just missed out on the epic recruitment and spotlight to skip ahead in line.  Now we have to wait and see and we've been waiting and seeing for many, many years. 

I still haven't seen a win in person since the SCar bowl game

I missed the Citadel because stadium was empty. Missed Howard because we had Covid. Think I saw the Temple win last year. What was the 4th win in the last 3 years?

• Crying 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,416
  • Days Won:  3

Jesus yall hit the whiskey hard last night. 

I'm not mad by it... what can you do. He needs to come out strong in his opening statements. 

BB and our offensive talent will be happy and hopefully stay around. Defense is a talent issue. Lets see if he can bring in the pieces to fix it. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, joniscoming said:

I'm not mad by it... what can you do. He needs to come out strong in his opening statements. 

BB and our offensive talent will be happy and hopefully stay around. Defense is a talent issue. Lets see if he can bring in the pieces to fix it. 

Actually it was wine last night. Went to a charity event and came home and saw we reportedly have a new coach. My drinking was unrelated.😃

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  0

54 minutes ago, joniscoming said:

51 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Actually it was wine last night. Went to a charity event and came home and saw we reportedly have a new coach. My drinking was unrelated.😃

Sake and wine for me. At this point moving to acceptance because there is no choice unless I walk. Not the risk I wanted to take with an unknown HC talent, but young and hungry I guess is what we get this round. 

I'll hear what he has to say, he seems like a smart guy ... but he has to win. The first place to win is with preventing an exodus of transfers and getting recruits. I hope he hits the ground tomorrow.  Can he sell the future of this program like CJL once did? Can he turn a vision into results? I like the art of coaching philosophy, but we need the science of winning. 

If he knows O like his resume says, what has happened at T, and can do that here, I'll look forward to some fun... D is a real worry so I hope he gets coaches and talent on that side of the ball.

New day, new coach, and I hope the worst is behind us and we get something to go on in the weeks and months to come. As someone else said, its rough to just go on hope and faith in the admin at this point. 

Edited by Johaan
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

7 minutes ago, Johaan said:

As someone else said, its rough to just go on hope and faith in the admin at this point.

Yeah I think we are out of good will.  It's results time.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Meh. 
There really wasn’t anyone else? Is this guy really gonna get the players at the Armwoods of the world pumped to play for USF?