• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jamey Chadwell

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I legit thought we were in trouble with y'all hiring Strong. His FL recruiting skills never showed up. Same with Randy Shannon for us lol got us a lot of duds on defense. We call them Randy Specials.

Strong thought he was going to win 10 games in back to back years here then move on back to the P5 so he didn't bother putting in too much effort to recruit for the long hall.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

18 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

He just needs a top 50 class of FL kids and that's enough to dominate the new AAC since Memphis is down right now and SMU has been almost there for a few years but never puts it all together. UTSA looks good but not dominate the new AAC good.

I live in San Antonio, so have seen a fair share of UTSA games.  They legitimately would be at the top of the AAC, along with the likes of Tulane, Cincinnati, and UCF.  But they are also senior heavy.  Their QB and top 3 receivers are all seniors.  I think they could all come back next year for their super senior year, but if they don't then they will probably take a step back.  Their QB Frank Harris is really, really good. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Just now, BullsFanInTX said:

I live in San Antonio, so have seen a fair share of UTSA games.  They legitimately would be at the top of the AAC, along with the likes of Tulane, Cincinnati, and UCF.  But they are also senior heavy.  Their QB and top 3 receivers are all seniors.  I think they could all come back next year for their super senior year, but if they don't then they will probably take a step back.  Their QB Frank Harris is really, really good. 

Gonna be a tough game no matter what imo. Heck for USF all the games will be tough until we can see a lot more wins on the field 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

Chadwell could win 6-8 games with the roster as is + a regular transfer cycle year 1.

Deion would load us up with so many recruits we'd be a lock for 6+ games with unlimited potential immediately. 

Is how I look at it. Deion has a higher ceiling. But when he leaves he's bringing everyone with him. Chadwell's departure wouldn't hurt nearly as bad

You're building yourself up for disappointment.  With this roster, we won't win more than 3-4 games next season with whoever they hire.  Without a significant increase in defensive talent, we might even lose to Temple again.

9 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

You're building yourself up for disappointment.  With this roster, we won't win more than 3-4 games next season with whoever they hire.  Without a significant increase in defensive talent, we might even lose to Temple again.

I agree that we won’t win many if any games with a terrible defense like we have had. I’m hoping we were just too young and lacked coaching.

I guess the positives about Chadwell over Sanders is that we won’t have to worry about the QB controversy. Maybe Chadwell does well no pun intended and gets hired away. At that time maybe Sanders becomes USF coach in 2025 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I guess the positives about Chadwell over Sanders is that we won’t have to worry about the QB controversy. Maybe Chadwell does well no pun intended and gets hired away. At that time maybe Sanders becomes USF coach in 2025 

If BB stays.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I agree that we won’t win many if any games with a terrible defense like we have had. I’m hoping we were just too young and lacked coaching.

We definitely  lacked coaching and seems the players were just having fun on the side lines. Winning seemed to not be priority one. Chadwell at least values winning and isn't afraid to go tough on the young men.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

If BB stays.

Isn’t BB from up there? They may have crossed paths….

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Deion has to bring a top 25 class for it to be worth the circus he brings. If he didn't and he doesn't have a huge advantage In recruiting in this conference I'm worried how good is he as a coach...his teams had some close games at FCS level.

Chadwell has solid g5 experience and would be an instant upgrade over what we had before so I feel right now Chadwell could be the better hire.  We have 3 coaches fail and USF looks really bad.

Spot on! That is the major question with Deion, is it his coaching or the talent disparity? I agree that after more thought, I think Chadwell would be the right hire; he has proven the ability to recruit and win in D1 football. Deion would definitely bring excitement to the program from day one, but is it steak or sizzle?

• Upvote 1