• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jamey Chadwell

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

6 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Also, what exactly is Chadwell level?  

Yeah, I'd be real careful with creating visions in our heads in order to overpay him and "get" someone.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Also, what exactly is Chadwell level?  

A coach with a successful body of work that happened in a lower FBS conference or the FCS

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Yeah, I'd be real careful with creating visions in our heads in order to overpay him and "get" someone.  

I am afraid that if we want anyone worth their salt, we need to overpay for them to come here. We need almost instant success, which brings pressure. We are not a destination school and there is A LOT of work to get done. We have a lot going for ourselves, but it’s not a particularly easy role to step into right now. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540

2 minutes ago, michibull said:

I am afraid that if we want anyone worth their salt, we need to overpay for them to come here. We need almost instant success, which brings pressure. We are not a destination school and there is A LOT of work to get done. We have a lot going for ourselves, but it’s not a particularly easy role to step into right now. 

This article says Chadwell was the second highest paid coach in the Sun Belt with a total package of $1.15million. CJS made between $1.9 and $2.2million. Any of those lower tier coaches are doubling their salary. Not sure why it would have to be that much higher outside of Deion.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254

38 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Sunbelt? Conf USA? Whatever conference Coastal is in.

See respectfully,  this is where I think a little differently.  While i would love to be enamored by a hire from a ‘respected’  conference, it’s not critical in my mind.  Conference lineage is important but not essential and at the cost of everything else  to a USF HC hire.  Being effective at one’s job is far more critical than former conference lineage.  If USF’s former coaching hire gaffs, Antigua and Scott aren’t the purest example of this, then there isn’t one.  Also, Prime was about far away from meaningful conference lineage as there is.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

38 minutes ago, thekidnapper said:

A coach with a successful body of work that happened in a lower FBS conference or the FCS

Basically the same as Deion and many other candidates?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

30 minutes ago, thekidnapper said:

This article says Chadwell was the second highest paid coach in the Sun Belt with a total package of $1.15million. CJS made between $1.9 and $2.2million. Any of those lower tier coaches are doubling their salary. Not sure why it would have to be that much higher outside of Deion.

I agree and I don't think we have been "jilted" by anyone other than maybe Deion ... and there's not shame in that.   I still think we get the guy wanted outside Deion and I also believe that it was pretty much Deion, Rhule and then the field in terms of candidates

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

No jilting by Deion, Jamey was always coming.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Coastal is down 10-0 early.  Defense is shades of USF