• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jamey Chadwell

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

If Deion can talk players into a HBSU, can't he talk them into a crumbling, descending AAC/C-USA league?  😂

Will dangling an OCS carrot be any different for anyone else?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  405
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Deion has to bring a top 25 class for it to be worth the circus he brings. If he didn't and he doesn't have a huge advantage In recruiting in this conference I'm worried how good is he as a coach...his teams had some close games at FCS level.

Chadwell has solid g5 experience and would be an instant upgrade over what we had before so I feel right now Chadwell could be the better hire.  We have 3 coaches fail and USF looks really bad.

I'm just nit picking at the top 25 class part. That's a huge ask. Maybe he can do it with his reputation. But don't think that's been done by a G5/non-BCS school. Cincy from 2020-22 was great and the top G5 recruiting wise, but only hit the 40s. Houston's 2016 class had 1 5-star and 3 4-stars and got them all the way to 36.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

4 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I'm just nit picking at the top 25 class part. That's a huge ask. Maybe he can do it with his reputation. But don't think that's been done by a G5/non-BCS school. Cincy from 2020-22 was great and the top G5 recruiting wise, but only hit the 40s. Houston's 2016 class had 1 5-star and 3 4-stars and got them all the way to 36.

Ok so 25 to 40 range. That definitely be tops in the G5.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Well said. I don’t put too much stock info recruiting rankings.  After all, we have tons of talent in Florida. The reason why USF was able to get into the Big East was because of coaching not top 25 rankings classes. We had a coaching staff that got the most out of players. Made players improve. High school is nothing compared to the college level. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,566
  • Days Won:  3

I don’t remember our last coaching search being this wild. My head is spinning from trying to jump between this thread, the Deion thread, the 8am thread, and the comments by VPMK thread. Then there is the transfer portal thread.

I am really trying to get work done today too. 😂 

Just now, Peatearpan said:

I don’t remember our last coaching search being this wild. My head is spinning from trying to jump between this thread, the Deion thread, the 8am thread, and the comments by VPMK thread. Then there is the transfer portal thread.

I am really trying to get work done today too. 😂 

Last two coaching searches went by too fast to be honest. Charlie Strong hire was too quick. Most USF fans got excited lol. Scott hire was pushed fast by the so called experts saying Scott was one of the best options out there lol

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,566
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Last two coaching searches went by too fast to be honest. Charlie Strong hire was too quick. Most USF fans got excited lol. Scott hire was pushed fast by the so called experts saying Scott was one of the best options out there lol

True, that’s probably why I don’t remember a thing

9 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Well said. I don’t put too much stock info recruiting rankings.  After all, we have tons of talent in Florida. The reason why USF was able to get into the Big East was because of coaching not top 25 rankings classes. We had a coaching staff that got the most out of players. Made players improve. High school is nothing compared to the college level. 

He just needs a top 50 class of FL kids and that's enough to dominate the new AAC since Memphis is down right now and SMU has been almost there for a few years but never puts it all together. UTSA looks good but not dominate the new AAC good.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I legit thought we were in trouble with y'all hiring Strong. His FL recruiting skills never showed up. Same with Randy Shannon for us lol got us a lot of duds on defense. We call them Randy Specials.

Just now, UCF_rustbucket said:

He just needs a top 50 class of FL kids and that's enough to dominate the new AAC since Memphis is down right now and SMU has been almost there for a few years but never puts it all together. UTSA looks good but not dominate the new AAC good.

Yes hope so. UTSA will be tough and I’m interested to see how Dilfer does at UAB. Seems that USF plays better against Florida schools these past few seasons. So maybe they need to pretend they are playing against UF & UCF every week lol