• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deion Sanders

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, GreenBull93 said:

Is there any chance that the sticking point for Deion wanting more control over the program was that he wanted final say for his choice of assistants, namely for his choice for DC (CJL)?  

That is an interesting thought, I don't know that Deion and CJL have crossed paths, but maybe he wants to explore that option and needs the admin to say they are OK with it. I would love to have CJL back as HC, I don't think I want him to take this job as a coordinator. It just feels wrong. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

DeionSandersfeatured.jpg

The response from Deion Sanders might have been the best part of...

Well... Adds some validity to his son coming too

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

That is an interesting thought, I don't know that Deion and CJL have crossed paths, but maybe he wants to explore that option and needs the admin to say they are OK with it. I would love to have CJL back as HC, I don't think I want him to take this job as a coordinator. It just feels wrong. 

Yup.

Leavitt just tweeted about wanting to coach locally. He’s publicly re-uniting with USF lately. He was offered a DC position but didn’t want to take it last cycle (tie himself to sinking ship)?

If Leavitt is coming back as a DC here it would be with a HC like prime that would give him a bunch of blue chippers to work with

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said: I would love to have CJL back as HC, I don't think I want him to take this job as a coordinator. It just feels wrong. 

100% just doesn’t feel right. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

14 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

image.png.bba60f747039bc3f85bacbfdd7fad385.png

Been on one-half of that one too many times, would not like to experience the other half this weekend.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Seems logical that Deion would contact Leavitt to get his opinion of both Colorado and USF. CJL is the only connection to both schools. I am sure he had FSU contacts who could give him Leavitt's phone number. Maybe deioniscoming is CJL!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Yup.

Leavitt just tweeted about wanting to coach locally. He’s publicly re-uniting with USF lately. He was offered a DC position but didn’t want to take it last cycle (tie himself to sinking ship)?

If Leavitt is coming back as a DC here it would be with a HC like prime that would give him a bunch of blue chippers to work with

Not only that, but we all know that USF would not bring CJL back as head coach right now.  But what would happen if in a couple of years Deion decided to go to the NFL or some other "better" opportunity.  You guessed it, CJL is the new USF HC and USF Football lives happily ever after. 

Edited by GreenBull93

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, USFBulls12 said:

Yes. I think if you want to signal to other available coaches that you still very much have a vacancy and are open to anyone, you need to clear the air of Deion having your attention. Put out a release that you're no longer in talks with him.

Could be wrong but the media we see plays a very small part, if any at all, in this whole coach search process on either side. If someone has any interest in a vacancy, they’ll rely on their own communication lines, not what’s being tossed around in the media …..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,416
  • Days Won:  3

Lmao... yall are are crazy. If CJL comes back it will be as HC or at least higher than HC. Dieon hasn't done **** here... why would he be a DC to him?  No HC will hire CJL here as they will be calling for CJL at the first sign of failure.