• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deion Sanders

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

4 minutes ago, deioniscoming said:

Smokescreen from Deion's side. This is him telling us to either accept his demands or he's going to move on. 

See ya Deion! Good luck at CU!

Still waiting on those details about power/control…

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

2 minutes ago, deioniscoming said:

Smokescreen from Deion's side. This is him telling us to either accept his demands or he's going to move on. 

deioniscoming thinks he's the deion whisperer

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Sounds like Deion wants 7-8 million a year. Adios

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I don’t see Deion going to Colorado. I think Cincy would be a better fit. Better yet, Georgia Tech would be the ideal fit for him. His ties to Atlanta and staying in the southeast. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

4 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Still waiting on those details about power/control…

I’m with you.  Let him go to CU-Later and watch his control and career tank.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

8 minutes ago, deioniscoming said:

Smokescreen from Deion's side.

"Deion's not here, man!"

image.png.9b1cb7a2b774c27272806812a587d612.png

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

To me, the Leavitt hire for some of the older fans is nostalgia. He hasn't been a HC anywhere else after USF's first run in order to prove he can duplicate his success. When people are miserable, psychologically we revert to the last time we felt happiness and want to replicate that, even when it's not possible or reasonable (i.e. within an ex relationship). Although we know we can't or shouldn't go back to that former person for whatever reason, we romanticize that time and want it back. Leavitt is 12 years older than at the time of the end of his HC career at USF. Not saying he's old and brittle, I'm sure he still has some fire in him, but there's a reason most people tend to retire around his age. Some don't, of course. Some can do it until the day they die in their 80s. However, like I said, he never replicated again (not for a lack of desire to do so). We don't know if a 66 year old Jim is the same as a 50 year old Jim and if it would be the same. Would I be against that hire? No. Would I be for it if we could hire Deion instead? No. But as a last resort option, go for it!

Its not that at all.  He was wronged in an epic fashion and now there have been 3 chances to make it right.  His defenses are still performing, he is not out of the game, but this is it for him.     I don't think Deion is the answer, but it will be interesting.  USF is cursed.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I was interested in Deion so long as it was reasonable. Nothing is trending in the direction of reasonable right now (money, control, etc.).

If he somehow still ends up here on reasonable terms, then great. Seems unlikely to me. And if I’m going to take a gamble, I’d rather take a gamble on someone who wants to remain in the southeast and has had sustained success facing FBS competition. 

Chadwell. I hope he’s our guy. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

To me, the Leavitt hire for some of the older fans is nostalgia. He hasn't been a HC anywhere else after USF's first run in order to prove he can duplicate his success. When people are miserable, psychologically we revert to the last time we felt happiness and want to replicate that, even when it's not possible or reasonable (i.e. within an ex relationship). Although we know we can't or shouldn't go back to that former person for whatever reason, we romanticize that time and want it back. Leavitt is 12 years older than at the time of the end of his HC career at USF. Not saying he's old and brittle, I'm sure he still has some fire in him, but there's a reason most people tend to retire around his age. Some don't, of course. Some can do it until the day they die in their 80s. However, like I said, he never replicated again (not for a lack of desire to do so). We don't know if a 66 year old Jim is the same as a 50 year old Jim and if it would be the same. Would I be against that hire? No. Would I be for it if we could hire Deion instead? No. But as a last resort option, go for it!

I cant agree more and no matter how much blatantly tell it like it is..they see him as the savior. They are content with 6-8 wins a year finishing 3rd and 4th in conference standings. He has no connections to good assistants. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

This would make more sense. Either we match it or he walks. No chance be desires to be in Colorado over Florida. He ca.n truly prove his concept at USF as well and he has unlimited potential for recruiting the state. It would be a frenzy to come here.