• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deion Sanders

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I am going to say this. 

Deion is in his own category in terms of what he brings, but what he will cost is also in its own category. Would I be willing to pay the price, 100% yes! 

Chadwell I think is a great hire, but I also think there are other great hires out there, just because the media and our fan base aren't focusing on them doesn't mean that another person won't do great things. 

If we get another name, I am ready to be ok with it too. I would rather USF shoot for the stars and still make a good hire, even if it wasn't the primary target. 

When Scott was fired, Chadwell and Deion were the two names I first wanted, but also thought we wouldn't get them, because they would probably go to a better job. (Liberty is not a better job, btw)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

Good morning friends. Just heard word from my sources, they still firmly believe that Deion is coming to South Florida. Communication between the two parties has been strong. Many concessions from both sides. There is a mutual desire to get this deal done but no sense of urgency from Deion's side - he knows there's other suitors and more will come soon.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

20 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

If we whiff on Chadwell and Deion, I say go for Golesh from Tennessee. You have to, he overhauled that Tennessee offense.

Hendon Hooker played a bid part in overhauling that offense

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

Yeah but maybe not a position coach

that I can  agree with but we need to stick to offensive minded guys.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

4 minutes ago, deioniscoming said:

Good morning friends. Just heard word from my sources, they still firmly believe that Deion is coming to South Florida. Communication between the two parties has been strong. Many concessions from both sides. There is a mutual desire to get this deal done but no sense of urgency from Deion's side - he knows there's other suitors and more will come soon.

sassy d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

4 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Hendon Hooker played a bid part in overhauling that offense

any successful coach in college needs good players.

never understand these arguments against coaches.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

6 minutes ago, deioniscoming said:

if you are right we aren't getting Deion. If he has no sense of urgency at this point Kelly would have moved onto another candidate.

This doesn't pass the sniff test.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

14 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

Offense wasn't our problem

With the portal and a coaching change, what our needs were last year may not be our needs this year.  I would plan to start from scratch.  Hopefully, the good ones stay.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I am going to say this. 

Deion is in his own category in terms of what he brings, but what he will cost is also in its own category. Would I be willing to pay the price, 100% yes! 

Chadwell I think is a great hire, but I also think there are other great hires out there, just because the media and our fan base aren't focusing on them doesn't mean that another person won't do great things. 

If we get another name, I am ready to be ok with it too. I would rather USF shoot for the stars and still make a good hire, even if it wasn't the primary target. 

When Scott was fired, Chadwell and Deion were the two names I first wanted, but also thought we wouldn't get them, because they would probably go to a better job. (Liberty is not a better job, btw)

I agree. Deion is the only one worth breaking the bank for. If not him then save some money.don't get us into some crazy contract with an unknown just because he is the hot name.

I also believe we are a better job but won't pay as much.

• Like 1