• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

49 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

PLENTY of over-recruited scrubs at P5 schools - PLENTY. Listen, I want them to be great, too, but at this point, how can we get excited about any of these guys until we see them produce?

Couldn't agree more ..... but thinking we should be getting much better than we are right now doesn't seem very realistic either.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

Woof, this thread is punch after punch. Looking forward to second signing deadline.

PoisedHeartyGibbon-size_restricted.gif.b01d22c6b018243aed00f39eaad5667f.gif

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

Grier flips again back to Arkansas lol

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Yep, he’s meh at this point with 7 receptions in 8 career games, but that doesn’t mean he’ll always be. Wouldn’t you rather be signing a guy from another school who’s like Jimmy Horn or Xavier Weaver and has already proven on the collegiate level? That would be not “meh”

What has Yusuf Terry done at USF. Nada. How about Khafre Brown of the 4.4 speed? Meh. Time will tell, but an unproven WR and a 3rd string OT are “meh” until proven otherwise. Give me a WR from Baylor or Tennessee or wherever who has 50-70 catches to his credit and I’ll be much more fired up. Give me a guy like Ryan O’Keefe who left UCF and transferred to BC.

He went to boston college? Wow, why?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,894
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Catholic Mick, fairly easy puzzle to solve.

46 minutes ago, BullAdrian said:

Grier flips again back to Arkansas lol

Who cares😀

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,560
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Couldn't agree more ..... but thinking we should be getting much better than we are right now doesn't seem very realistic either.

we may be one step above rock bottom but then we may still be on the floor stuck at rock bottom.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,163
  • Days Won:  56

5 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I rather get a player who was a starter and produced decent stats at a Sun Belt or Conference USA team versus someone who was a 3rd string at a Power 5 team. Are we even going for these players?

It is still early and still a lot of recruiting to be done but so far the recruiting  is very similar or even worse then Scott. Especially if you take into account the players we are losing to other teams through the transfer portal like Battie and Weaver. 

However, the hope is that Golesh can coach these guys up and have us relevant again sooner then later.

Agreed, the kids from Wagner and NDSU give me more hope than a third teamer from Tennessee.

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think you’re probably right, but let’s consider my hoops comparison again. Our dreg of a hoops program added three players who have produced at a high level before coming here - Harris, Bryant, Miguel. Why can’t football do that with a few guys, too?

2 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

I think he followed a particular assistant coach there? I believe that’s what I read.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

He caught 7 passes at Baylor and he was just getting started.  He has 3 years of eligibility left.  He had a good offer list out of HS.  Texas A&M, TCU, Utah.  So a guy offered by Texas A&M is meh.  The guy has legitimate talent, otherwise he wouldn't have been offered by an SEC, Big 12, and Pac 12 school.

He has 4.47 speed, which is good and more than adequate for what we need.  He can move.

11558413.jpg

Jones becomes the fourth new addition to USF's wide receiver room.

You can teach a kid to catch. You can teach routes. You can't teach speed. And 4.47 is more than adequate. 

Edited by JTrue