• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

If we beat Bama which isn't happening  Ray Jay would be rocking again. If we won our conference and hosted a title game Ray Jay would be rocking. We need to win and bring life back to the program. 

The key will be our opener vs Western Kentucky. It’s an away game vs a good offensive team. If we can win that one. It changes perspective and 3-1 in out of conference is very feasible and a 6 win season becomes viable.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

Looks like we are adding a RB from North Dakota State

A decent pickup. He rushed for over 1100 yards at the best FCS program in country. 

I’m hoping Joiner can pick up most of the slack for Battie. Joiner was actually higher in the depth chart before he got injured. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

13 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

A decent pickup. He rushed for over 1100 yards at the best FCS program in country. 

I’m hoping Joiner can pick up most of the slack for Battie. Joiner was actually higher in the depth chart before he got injured. 

I believe the 1100 yards is over 3 years. Last season he had less then 300 yard ( don't know maybe he was injured?).

Still a good pick up, but with Battie leaving I am expecting more RB additions through the transfer portal

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

******* hell, just checked in after a few days. At this rate our Offense and Defense may be very similar in rankings. What’s the o/u on wins this  season? 2 wins?

• Crying 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

Just now, Peatearpan said:

******* hell, just checked in after a few days. At this rate our Offense and Defense may be very similar in rankings. What’s the o/u on wins this  season? 2 wins?

I'm thinking that we should crowdfund some therapy sessions for those expecting 6 wins next season. 😮

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, CycleBull said:

Maybe our NIL isn’t competitive?!?!

Well then we will continue to be worst team in the AAC.  NIL need to be priority over the OCS now. 

We just have to raid the other G5 teams and FCS teams of good talent if we want to be at top of the AAC if we are going to keep losing our best players to P5 teams. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

22 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I'm thinking that we should crowdfund some therapy sessions for those expecting 6 wins next season. 😮

I say use that money for those that keep saying the sky is falling. There are more of those and they seem to need the help in coping. I mean from the won’t give to NIL to our NIL isn’t good enough, it just makes your head spin.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

38 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

14 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I say use that money for those that keep saying the sky is falling.

To me, those are two totally unreasonable extremes when assessing our current situation ....

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

OK I am a little worried now.  I wasn't until Battie left.

The main question I have is, why can't Golesh keep the players on his roster.  What is he not doing that can convince them to stay.  Or is there nothing he can do and it's inevitable.  

I thought he was a good recruiter.  He does need to recruit the best players on his roster and right now, he's 0 for 3.  He just is.  All 3 players announced well after he got hired.  He had time to talk to them and recruit them.  So, what happened.  Was it just inevitable all along or was there something he could have done better?

He can't keep them because they realize it's going to be the same crap. different season.  Defense was a black hole last season and we haven't pulled any JPP's or Selvies out of the transfer portal to quickly improve it for next season.  As a coach, what can he say to keep them??  I think they waited to see if we got anyone good from the portal before leaving.  Any talented player realizes they can go to any other school and have a better end result than they did here and probably get better NIL money on top.   I'm going to go with nothing he could have done better to keep them opinion.  Hopefully, he can build the defense up to at least mediocre and keep the offense above average and maybe we'll squeak out a few wins in the next couple of seasons.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

So our defense is already bad and we lose all our receivers, our kicker and our top RB so how are we going to be any good next year? What am I missing? 

I hate to be mister negativity but we aren't.  You aren't missing anything.  With the new coach hire, there was hope that he'd magically bring in lots of talent to rebuild the defense and improve the team overall.   That didn't really happen, so here we are.