• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

RIP college football for 2/3rds of the country. This is a garbage system of have and have nots, and I don’t see how the have nots will ever be able to compete. 

Even the halves are not liking it. This is a total mess

Edited by goingbackbull
spelling

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,481
  • Days Won:  13

Using the USF depth chart from the game notes for the UCF game, I checked the current "2023 roster" for some that I had not seen... not all of these are trnasfers - some are graduations or declaring for the NFL draft.

We knew the new coaching staff was going to have to rebuild.

image.png.0b825685653abaddd16583817cdd1aff.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

This is why I am never paying players.

I'm curious how the NIL is helping us at the moment.  The skill players seem to take the NIL and leave.  Should we be allocating NIL differently?  

Maybe could be its own thread.  

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Was shocked Kelley Joiner hdnt split, glad he didnt now for sure

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,564
  • Days Won:  25

23 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I'm curious how the NIL is helping us at the moment.  The skill players seem to take the NIL and leave.  Should we be allocating NIL differently?  

Maybe could be its own thread.  

Both the TBP NlL sponsors Battie and Grier seem to be leaving. It seems as anything it maybe hurting USF .

37 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Using the USF depth chart from the game notes for the UCF game, I checked the current "2023 roster" for some that I had not seen... not all of these are trnasfers - some are graduations or declaring for the NFL draft.

We knew the new coaching staff was going to have to rebuild.

image.png.0b825685653abaddd16583817cdd1aff.png

WE are missing  our  high end talent ,  key starting players, and will need players capable of coming in and starting to replace them. I think Hall who started last year is also leaving on the O-line. I hope the coach has his guys ready to bring in or we will be in for another long season.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

We will never have enough money to keep our best players. If they are that talented a school like Florida, Georgia, etc will pay them more then we can. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

16 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

We will never have enough money to keep our best players. If they are that talented a school like Florida, Georgia, etc will pay them more then we can. 

I think that's going to be the nature of college football, henceforth. Facilities used to be a selling point, but I fear that folding green is more of one. I know, I know, there are a ton of variables when it comes to recruiting and retention, but this just - to me - looks like once we've said it's not illegal nor immoral to "pay" (however you want to spin that, it's up to you) for talent, I would have a hard time selling a recruit/player on some other strong point.  I'm not seeing it. I'm just not seeing how U of SF has, or will ever have, the sort of dinero to square off with the AAC (Alarmingly Affluent Colleges). This is based on what I've seen here over the past twenty-odd years, so if we were not competitive against the P5 in pre-NIL era, I don't see us opening up the purse in the even-greater-divide-post-NIL era. Could be wrong. It's happened before. That's just how I see it. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

32 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

So I don't know if this makes sense, but I wonder if it is a complete waste to pay skill players to keep them here, vs using it to influence people to come.  Once they are here and they pop, then they are out the next offseason.  Seems like it needs to be focused on the revolving door coming in?  I don't know.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

So our defense is already bad and we lose all our receivers, our kicker and our top RB so how are we going to be any good next year? What am I missing? 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

12 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

So our defense is already bad and we lose all our receivers, our kicker and our top RB so how are we going to be any good next year? What am I missing? 

Weaver and Battie happened over the last week, so I am sure that this will effect how many feel about our chances this year. However, the transfer portal and NIL will affect all AAC teams about the same. I haven't  looked closely to other group of 5 teams. Are they losing all their top players as well? Still time to replace what we lost with the transfer portal.

Either way I still expect a bowl game in year 2. Anything less I will see as failure.