• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Gerry out, let's look at our options at QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

42 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

So......what does his PAST have to do with anything? I only care about the present and so far buddy has 2tds and 0 interceptions. 

image.png.643b08db8ad4db4d684714b009f2112d.png

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

So......what does his PAST have to do with anything? I only care about the present and so far buddy has 2tds and 0 interceptions. 

image.png.643b08db8ad4db4d684714b009f2112d.png

Are you seriously asking that question?  42.3% SUCKS!!!!!! we are going to lose the majority of the time with those stats...live in reality...nothing wrong with being a fan and recognizing what we have...I would be shocked if he suddenly turns this around and completes 65% of his passes...unless the running game is wildly successful we are not in a good position with Marsh at qb...

5 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

Are you seriously asking that question?  42.3% SUCKS!!!!!! we are going to lose the majority of the time with those stats...live in reality...nothing wrong with being a fan and recognizing what we have...I would be shocked if he suddenly turns this around and completes 65% of his passes...unless the running game is wildly successful we are not in a good position with Marsh at qb...

Yes, b/c the PAST is a part of time that you can not change so it is irrelevant to Marsh's situation now. He also had 2tds and 0 ints in the last game which makes up for the percentage.  This season our defense have doubled the sacks and surpassed TFLs total from last year......but in the end, those stats don't matter if the other team scores or gets the 1st down. Marsh's percentage did suck last game, but he still had 2 BEAUTIFUL TD passes and 0 interceptions. So back to my question, what does his past have to do with the present or future? NOTHING. There is NOTHING you can do about him starting. He will either play well and we win  or suck and get replace by Byrum Brown who I like better. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

48 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Yes, b/c the PAST is a part of time that you can not change so it is irrelevant to Marsh's situation now. He also had 2tds and 0 ints in the last game which makes up for the percentage.  This season our defense have doubled the sacks and surpassed TFLs total from last year......but in the end, those stats don't matter if the other team scores or gets the 1st down. Marsh's percentage did suck last game, but he still had 2 BEAUTIFUL TD passes and 0 interceptions. So back to my question, what does his past have to do with the present or future? NOTHING. There is NOTHING you can do about him starting. He will either play well and we win  or suck and get replace by Byrum Brown who I like better. 

I want nothing more for him to come out and absolutely kill it...someone mentioned practice with the first string should help...maybe, but there are things I see that don't seem correctable in a week...I would like to see what we have in Brown...I am not sure if he burns his rs though...

1 minute ago, DJBulls said:

I want nothing more for him to come out and absolutely kill it...someone mentioned practice with the first string should help...maybe, but there are things I see that don't seem correctable in a week...I would like to see what we have in Brown...I am not sure if he burns his rs though...

Look, I get it. He has not been accurate and it was painful to watch him play these last few times. Some QBs hits the gate running and other need time to get into rhythm. Marsh has never bene given a full game w/o having to worry about getting benched. Unless he truly stinks it up, he should be given a full game. I don't think they will let Byron burn his RS unless we have a chance to make a bowl game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

18 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I don't think they will let Byron burn his RS unless we have a chance to make a bowl game. 

This sounds right.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

I would love to have QB step up like the times when Matt Grothe first came in and when he went out.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

I would love to have QB step up like the times when Matt Grothe first came in and when he went out.  

A truly awesome moment.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

On 10/24/2022 at 1:50 PM, DJBulls said:

He's had a very small sample size.  26 passes is not a lot of passes.  Everyone watching can see he did some good things vs. Tulane, as well as some bad.  But showed some potential and has a great arm.  He should be able to hit Horn on deep shots.  The wheel route he threw he dropped it right in a bucket.  He can throw the ball.