• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Case for and against one more year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

17 minutes ago, Brad said:

Boyles has made a big move from last year to this year.  I’m amazed.  

So do we credit coaching?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Depends on who “we” is.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Maybe which coach do you credit the one that recruited him and he spent  two years with or the second staff that he spend almost three seasons with? I think the extra year giving him an extra year covid of growing as a player, strength training, perhaps coaching, and becoming a slightly older man helped Boyles a lot.  Whatever it is he is the shining star on our defense for whatever that is worth.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Maybe which coach do you credit the one that recruited him and he spent  two years with or the second staff that he spend almost three seasons with? I think the extra year giving him an extra year covid of growing as a player, strength training, perhaps coaching, and becoming a slightly older man helped Boyles a lot.  Whatever it is he is the shining star on our defense for whatever that is worth.

There are two new coordinators this year so maybe one of them?  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he deserves one more year

if pay out is truly 192K fire him after next year if  we dont vastly improve and  win 5 games

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

We should have fired CJS in 2021. but that's why I'm not athletics director because financially the buyout is too much, and we're USF, not Bama, so firing a coach early is a pretty big deal.

there is no case for keeping this coach for another season, he's basically a "lame duck" coach to me. waiting for the buyout situation to get resolved.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

34 minutes ago, smazza said:

he deserves one more year

I think this depends on how things play out toward the end of the year.  If we have 1 win for example, who is going to stay and who is going to come here?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Great question Oulaw, but not really.

He made great strides between 2021 and 2022.  I wouldn't be thinking about coaches not here during that time frame.  But I get ya, I know ya. 

You probably could have just left it with your non-commital "Whatever it is he is the shining star on our defense for whatever that is worth."

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

Our #1 problem for the last decade, is that we kept trying to build our program around our coach

No infrastructure, no investment in facilities, our locker room sucked, we didn't have an IPF and we didn't have an OCS

USF will have a new coach, every 3-4 years from now until eternity... if they are good, they will move up for better money... if they suck, they'll be fired

But no coach will stay here more than 3-4 years... not a single one.

Right now, it's a dumpster fire until we get some more facilties built. Just let Jeff Scott stand there and hold the firehose

Genshaft is finally gone and out of the way of athletics, hence the reason why so many positive things have happened since she left USF as president.

The locker rooms were massively upgraded, and the IPF was built immediately upon Genshaft's retirement. OCS is coming next

Just leave CJS where he is, we've gone through almost a half dozen coaches in the last 15 years... and none of them got us anywhere 

Leave him where he is.. keep building the infrastructure.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, MikePhillips said:

Our #1 problem for the last decade, is that we kept trying to build our program around our coach

Our #1 problem for the last decade was not hitting on the right coach or the right support. Infrastructure was not the main problem.

Genshaft's top priority while she was here was academics, there's no denying that and considering what a university is there for, it's hard to find fault with that being her monetary focus. She cared about Athletics (enough to donate $1M to the IPF and to try and embarrass asswipe students who wore other school's hats to our sporting events} but probably too much considering the decisions she was apparently responsible for ..... the letting go of what she apparently perceived as under performing coaches. Another thing she was, I assume, responsible for was the academic committee which didn't do Athletics any favors at the time either.

So if you want to keep this hammering on Judy, fine, she definitely deserves it for some things ........ but the lack of infrastructure is a small part of why we're where we are today.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1