• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't give up - we are close

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

11 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Ha! It's cool, but I dont think Brad is a CCS fan.

I’m minding my own business!   😂

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/17/2022 at 10:37 AM, OhioBull said:

If you don't see this then it seems maybe all that is desired is to see the negative.  

oh I don't know, maybe the thing i'm seeing is 

1-24 against FBS teams since 2020

it is in fact not being negative, when it is objectively true that we are awful 😅 but sure let's hold hands and skip and listen to fun songs about playing close games!

Edited by sparkybull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

10 minutes ago, sparkybull said:

it is in fact not being negative, when it is objectively true that we are awful 😅 but sure let's hold hands and skip and listen to fun songs about playing close games!

I think the fact that we don't get to see wins has gaslit us into some wild insanity where down is up.  AKA a very 2022 human reality as the world collapses in on itself.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I think the fact that we don't get to see wins has gaslit us into some wild insanity where down is up.  AKA a very 2022 human reality as the world collapses in on itself.

Totally agree on the record. It is abysmal. Totally horrific. No gaslighting here. I agree 100%. What I do see is progress and my feeling is that this progress will find its way into the W column in the next two games and once it starts we will frequent the W column more than the L. I’ve seen so much progress I believe, or maybe am hoping, that is the case. I’m choosing to get optimistic. I’ve seen teams get over the hump before and we have all the signs it is about to happen here too. Losing GB was a huge blow but I still think it’s possible without him. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I grew up watching the Cubs and those were many bad seasons lol. At least they found ways to win 60 or 70 games against MLB teams. Hopefully we start seeing wins against FBS schools before the season is over 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

I spend my mornings hanging out with Miller & Moulton during my commute to and from scenic Lakeland, Florida, and one of the segments this morning was a discussion of Florida college teams, to include, the U of SF. One line that stuck with me was the comment that he (CJS) has done everything desired, except win games. He's good at hand shaking and fund raising, but the concern is that without the wins, interest will wane (ticket sales, donations, recruiting, etc.), so although there is improvement in some areas, there's still that one headliner area that's got work to do. One of the other points of discussion was the issue of firing a coach after three years, and the impact that would have on other potential applicants as well as recruiting. How does this make USF look? It's a delicate balance between the "win now" position and the open-ended project approach.  It seems - according to the red-e-oh - that the administration is happy with CJS, the coach, but is painfully aware of absence of wins. The thinking is that Temple & Tulsa are the most likely (hey, could happen!) wins forthcoming and that's about it for the season. 

2 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

I spend my mornings hanging out with Miller & Moulton during my commute to and from scenic Lakeland, Florida, and one of the segments this morning was a discussion of Florida college teams, to include, the U of SF. One line that stuck with me was the comment that he (CJS) has done everything desired, except win games. He's good at hand shaking and fund raising, but the concern is that without the wins, interest will wane (ticket sales, donations, recruiting, etc.), so although there is improvement in some areas, there's still that one headliner area that's got work to do. One of the other points of discussion was the issue of firing a coach after three years, and the impact that would have on other potential applicants as well as recruiting. How does this make USF look? It's a delicate balance between the "win now" position and the open-ended project approach.  It seems - according to the red-e-oh - that the administration is happy with CJS, the coach, but is painfully aware of absence of wins. The thinking is that Temple & Tulsa are the most likely (hey, could happen!) wins forthcoming and that's about it for the season. 

Yes I believe that is the situation that we are in. I’m ok with it for now since the IPF became a reality and the OCS is still on schedule. The schedule was one of the toughest USF has seen in our history. The schedule should be easier moving forward but we lost our star QB. I will move my win prediction and reforecast to 2 maybe 3 wins this season. That is down from my original forecast of 6 wins or better: 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

29 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I will move my win prediction and reforecast to 2 maybe 3 wins this season. That is down from my original forecast of 6 wins or better

I need to see how this Marsh era goes first 😀

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, sparkybull said:

oh I don't know, maybe the thing i'm seeing is 

1-24 against FBS teams since 2020

I guess that you (and those of us who have hung on to unrequited love the last half century) are merely fair-weather fans.  As my friends and family in The D say:

No bandwagon fans : r/detroitlions

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I need to see how this Marsh era goes first 😀

True lol. I may need to doing another re-forecast after the Houston game.