• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't give up - we are close

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

58 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We sucked in 2019 and beat them didn't we?

30 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

What was the difference  in 2019?

So you're saying Chuck is a better coach that Sitake ..... just stop, man. Maybe take that break you promised until they win another FBS game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

So you're saying Chuck is a better coach that Sitake ..... just stop, man. Maybe take that break you promised until they win another FBS game.

??? No I was saying that BYU just sucked in 2019 since we beat them. I have no ill will toward CCS. I just feel he is a better Defensive Coordinator than a coach. 

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

??? No I was saying that BYU just sucked in 2019 since we beat them. I have no ill will toward CCS. I just feel he is a better Defensive Coordinator than a coach. 

Come on, GB, that wasn't aimed at you. You were Quoted just to show the context .... It's pretty much always the bottom Quote that's being replied to.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

My quote was asking GB,what was the difference? I think our defense and offense played much better.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Come on, GB, that wasn't aimed at you. You were Quoted just to show the context .... It's pretty much always the bottom Quote that's being replied to.

Ha! It's cool, but I dont think Brad is a CCS fan. I don't think we have anymore CCS fans besides myself. And I'm a fan of him from myUF days. 

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

My quote was asking GB,what was the difference? I think our defense and offense played much better.

Nice attempt at a back pedal ....

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Nice attempt at a back pedal ....

Again no one mentioned the coach  but you to GB. Gb replied to you. So maybe your subconscious is telling you what you think the issue is. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

22 hours ago, Triple B said:

Most leashes in college football last at least 3 years ...

Very true. Three full seasons is an appropriate time to make a decision on the future of your coaches job. Most college football teams wouldn't an extend a 3-18 coach after 1.75 seasons.

After two years and a 6-18 record, Mark Harlan stated publicly to the media: “This university’s too special to not have a team in a bowl game. There’s other measurables I’m excited about. I like our recruiting, I like what we’re doing off the field, I like what we’re doing in the classroom. But certainly we need to win more football games. We should be going to a bowl game in Year Three."

Kelly took the opposite approach and offered an extension and said that patience would pay off. No sense of urgency, no expectations set. It feels more like he's just along for the ride.

This is why I'm more critical and less inclined to give a break than I otherwise would be. I want Scott to succeed, but he needs to win something. He needs to show us something and turn it around now. He has fewer wins than any other USF coach did at this point in their tenure. He has fewer wins than any FBS coach hired in 2019 or 2020. From a winning percentage perspective, we have regressed more than any other team who has fired their coaches since we fired Strong. We are doing worse than any other team so I'm going to be continuously critical of Scott until he shows otherwise because this football program is bigger than Coach Scott.

9 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

Very true. Three full seasons is an appropriate time to make a decision on the future of your coaches job. Most college football teams wouldn't an extend a 3-18 coach after 1.75 seasons.

I do agree but as has been discussed elsewhere, we don't really know the extent, if any, of the financial ramifications of the extension ....

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Our W/L record under Scott has been poor, no doubt. I'm not sure I see enough positives in Scott's game management beyond some better play calling from his coordinators. Our lack of defense I chalk up to still having subpart depth. That still falls on Scott in year 3.

I wanted him to succeed here. I'm not seeing enough to merit retaining him for a 4th year. I'm also not certain of anyone else out there capable to righting this USF FB ship.