• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,668
  • Days Won:  424

7 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

I swear some of you don't remember just how much the team quit at the end of CCS tenure. Seriously, go back and watch the team. It was REALLY REALLY bad...

I'm not happy right now. Losing gets old and losing the way we have,  has been disheartening. But it's not a problem with the player's will to win or fight. It's also not a problem with the culture. 

I saw a tweet from Gerry Bohanon, that referenced fans quitting on the team, and I truly hurt for them. Can you imagine what it feels like to give your all in practice and in class, only to have to battle against your fan base and the opponent come game day?

That mixed with the self-doubt and the disappointment you feel from your best not quite being good enough? These scores,  as terrible as they are, represent teams taking advantage of missed assignments or mental lapses. That's really it.

Talent level is equal when you compare our 1's to their 1's(which is a win), our team has heart (which is a win), now we need to play a complete game start to finish. Unfortunately, the closest we've gotten to that is the UF game so far. 

TLDR: There are legitimate positives in the culture that haven't translated to wins yet. See CCS's final season and watch the fight leave the players as an example of a toxic culture. 

Awesome post. I hadn't noticed the "quitters" part of the stupid original post until bowman Quoted it but that's the sort of ******** that embarrasses me, as a board member here. Some of our self absorbed fans need to get a ******* life and take a break from following this team if they're stooping to **** like that. The staff is fair game, within reason, in all this, as are the players for on the field mistakes made but for a keyboard coward to question the heart of a team that's really almost showed the opposite for most this horrid season is assclownery.

Honestly, I don't know if the culture change ever translates into enough wins to save CJS's job but it's not for lack of trying on the part of the team, up to this point anyway ......... and also up to this point, there's only been one player that's quit.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 10/2/2022 at 3:23 PM, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Exactly what culture has Coach Scott improved on?

i see a culture of losing, incompetence and quitters!

Fire Coach Scott already!

hard to disagree with this though i am a jeff scott supporter

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Honestly, I don't know if the culture change ever translates into enough wins to save CJS's job but it's not for lack of trying on the part of the team, up to this point anyway ......... and also up to this point, there's only been one player that's quit.

Not sure if the culture change translates into enough wins to save his job??? We beat nobody ever and are not even competitive the majority of the time and this is your take,  this is type of post that embarrasses me as a board member.   Trips, the fat lady has sung on this guy, you are simply one of the last couple that chooses to not recognize this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

but that's the sort of ******** that embarrasses me, as a board member here.

Not sure why it should embarrass you as a board member here, it's very clear he does not meet the approval of many members in his hit and run topics/comments:

image.png

I'd also say, at risk of being rude, association with the Bulls has also been trying, but you find the good to hold on to.  That is admirable.  Not everyone here is a clown.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

53 minutes ago, Brad said:

Not sure why it should embarrass you as a board member here, it's very clear he does not meet the approval of many members in his hit and run topics/comments:

image.png

I'd also say, at risk of being rude, association with the Bulls has also been trying, but you find the good to hold on to.  That is admirable.  Not everyone here is a clown.

I'm not sure that is the best way to measure the value of takes

image.png.fef9a241709392d041cd524f2b16db74.png

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Awesome post. I hadn't noticed the "quitters" part of the stupid original post until bowman Quoted it but that's the sort of ******** that embarrasses me, as a board member here. Some of our self absorbed fans need to get a ******* life and take a break from following this team if they're stooping to **** like that. The staff is fair game, within reason, in all this, as are the players for on the field mistakes made but for a keyboard coward to question the heart of a team that's really almost showed the opposite for most this horrid season is assclownery.

I didn't watch the game for eternal soul reasons (I took a break and got a life like you said), so I have no idea what anyone is referring to.  Just hypothetically though - If people notice say a defender pulling up and just throwing up their arms or not going for a football or something like that...  Are they not allowed to comment?  I am not being a snark, but sometimes people can perceive thing one way but the reality is false on the field.  This plays out all the time in various other arenas other than sports too.  This seems like typical banter for sports forums and comment threads.  Would it be better for the person to say what they think they saw and then someone else refute it?  Then at least we are operating in a perceived reality.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I'm not sure that is the best way to measure the value of takes

image.png.fef9a241709392d041cd524f2b16db74.png

Your takes are mostly made with quality, whether anyone agrees with them or not.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Not sure if the culture change translates into enough wins to save his job??? We beat nobody ever and are not even competitive the majority of the time and this is your take,  this is type of post that embarrasses me as a board member.   Trips, the fat lady has sung on this guy, you are simply one of the last couple that chooses to not recognize this.

If I was sure it's never going to get better under him, the last place I would be is here .... Wish others felt the same way.

5 hours ago, Brad said:

It's been **** trying and I get most of the hand wringing but when you start talking about players quitting with absolutely no proof of it just because you're a butt hurt fan that reaches a point, imo. This has nothing to do with finding good to hold on to, there is none right now ...... and that Member graphic is a joke, it should read -666. We need a more discerning voters. Almost every post he's had here since the beginning has been ******** about something ......