• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keeping Perspective Heading Into Game 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

What we saw in The Swamp was awesome. It was progress. It was the last few years of learning, adjusting, and recreating the roster and the culture of this program all coming together. There is no guarantee that it happens again on Saturday, and that's ok. It is important to know that this is all part of a process and we got our first glimpse of what that process can potentially yield on Saturday night. There is no guarantee that the game against Louisville will be as competitive. I hope that it is. But even if it is not, I am going to continue to trust in this staff and this team. ECU is the start of our real season. That is the beginning of the measuring stick for this team. The goal now is to go .500 or better in conference play. If we can do that, we can be assured that we are heading on the right track. I am asking all of you to keep the faith no matter what happens on Saturday. Trust the process! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,073
  • Days Won:  469

Or as a coach once said to me, "Losing by three doesn't make you a world beater".

PLEASE, please, Bulls fans with all that bourbon flowing through your veins be emotionally healthy and steady.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

I think most of us just want to see a game that is competitive and emotional from both the players and coaches. Not many had this game as a win heading into the season. That said, a blowout loss would be unacceptable in my book. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Just play with great effort do that I'll be happy...eventually the wins will come. 

A blow out loss would be very disappointing cause the team is better than that when they play hard.

We still have not seen this teams best all season they have Been sloppy with turnovers and execution at times. So plenty to improve upon.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Trust the process! 

I'm not even saying trust the process .... yet .... just understand that there usually IS a process, not a switch being turned.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Amen

I hope the boys are hungry for that signature non conference P5 win. This is it. 

But EVEN if it slips away again, it will all be OK if we can grab those conference wins. Looks like some teams are better (Tulane) and some weaker, but hoping we can find 4 more Ws, hopefully 5. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Cautiously optimistic going into Louisville, and agree that this game in the grand scheme doesn't really mean all that much.  But my guess is that a lot of us are concerned about "USF doing USF things" after the great effort against UF.  There's history of this, it goes way back before CJS, and it's not just confined to football.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Glad it seems the players have the feeling of disappointment after the Gators game and not a "happy to be here" kind of moral victory outlook.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Or as a coach once said to me, "Losing by three doesn't make you a world beater".

PLEASE, please, Bulls fans with all that bourbon flowing through your veins be emotionally healthy and steady.

Why did you have to pick on the bourbon drinkers?  I can't say we are the healthiest, but we might claim the mantle of steadiest Bulls fans.  Bourbon makes you mellow. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,484
  • Days Won:  43

Gives the coaches, players, & fans more confidence in the direction of the program. Just think, the game in Gainesville was a hostile environment on a Saturday night with around 90k fans. USF has to now feel that they can’t be rattled moving forward.