• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keeping Perspective Heading Into Game 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

4 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Gives the coaches, players, & fans more confidence in the direction of the program. Just think, the game in Gainesville was a hostile environment on a Saturday night with around 90k fans. USF has to now feel that they can’t be rattled moving forward.

Throwing a pick 6 just before half to go down 14 in that environment too, would have been very easy to fold.

Really hope Jeff Scott is the guy because everything off the field and culture related seems amazing, just needs to start winning.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,079
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, bulloni said:

Throwing a pick 6 just before half to go down 14 in that environment too, would have been very easy to fold.

Yep I thought we were done for sure.  Also after the last pick.  I was definitely wrong on that one.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

I think this where Gerry’s experience comes in big, he has played in these enviroments and even though he wasn’t playing well, kept his composure and led the team

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,519
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

What we saw in The Swamp was awesome. It was progress. It was the last few years of learning, adjusting, and recreating the roster and the culture of this program all coming together. There is no guarantee that it happens again on Saturday, and that's ok. It is important to know that this is all part of a process and we got our first glimpse of what that process can potentially yield on Saturday night. There is no guarantee that the game against Louisville will be as competitive. I hope that it is. But even if it is not, I am going to continue to trust in this staff and this team. ECU is the start of our real season. That is the beginning of the measuring stick for this team. The goal now is to go .500 or better in conference play. If we can do that, we can be assured that we are heading on the right track. I am asking all of you to keep the faith no matter what happens on Saturday. Trust the process! 

The only progress left is to win, anything else is failing to move forward. We must take a step forward as team after last week or the experience of losing a close heartbreaker to a power 5 team did not improve USF Football under CJS . I like what I saw from the staff and team finally but we must improve to win.

Edited by Outlaw