• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We all need to get better…..

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

One was Battie on a slant that was directly to him in stride

That was painful to watch but loved BB's immediate reaction to it. He knew it was a big wasted opportunity ....... and more than made up for it as the game progressed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Gerry sailed a number of passes.  He needs to make an adjustment, hopefully our coaches pick up the throwing motion problem.  In no way do I think Timmy is better.  Gerry, unpanicked and composed, is what nearly led us  to a win.  I look forward to his improvement next week - he's the right guy.

How bad were the other qbs if he had the most accuracy? Luckily accuracy  can be coached and so can catching techniques  for the receivers. He is a rpo qb and we need to stick to his strengths. Last night was the plan for success for this offense. If they clean up their mistakes the interceptions,  the overthrown passes, the dropped balls, the route running,  and fumbling slightly we can win. If not we are in for a long season. Coach Scott had more intensity last night than he has ever had here before. Hopefully he got a taste of being so close to winning  and is hungry.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

It is true until it is not. Last night Scott and his staff really stepped up.  I would never think a SEC team in their own stadium would need the refs to fix the game to beat Jeff Scott at Usf. If the refs are not fined  or reprimanded that is sad. I never thought Bias sec  announcers and former players would call out Sec refs like they did either.

Coaches did great. Kids gotta execute the plays. Hopefully last night brings them together more and leaves them hungrier. Even though I've been less than impressed with GB performances you can tell he has his head screwed on right. He will be fine.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

That was painful to watch but loved BB's immediate reaction to it. He knew it was a big wasted opportunity ....... and more than made up for it as the game progressed.

Kid is a baller. I can definitely excuse something like that with how well he played in all other aspects. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

How bad were the other qbs if he had the most accuracy? Luckily accuracy  can be coached and so can catching techniques  for the receivers. He is a rpo qb and we need to stick to his strengths. Last night was the plan for success for this offense. If they clean up their mistakes the interceptions,  the overthrown passes, the dropped balls, the route running,  and fumbling slightly we can win. If not we are in for a long season. Coach Scott had more intensity last night than he has ever had here before. Hopefully he got a taste of being so close to winning  and is hungry.

Watching the Bucs. Bad throws, dropped passes, missed blocks, etc. Guess the Bucs wish they had better coaches.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

42 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Watching the Bucs. Bad throws, dropped passes, missed blocks, etc. Guess the Bucs wish they had better coaches.

Been on the road and not listening but didn't the Bucs win by double digits?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475

33 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Been on the road and not listening but didn't the Bucs win by double digits?

Not the point, but I hope you enjoy your day.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,917
  • Days Won:  67

11 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Not the point, but I hope you enjoy your day.

We got it, I was a bit hoarse as well at home.  Old lady went out and I was working on a bottle of Whiskey that makes me feisty.  I have not had that much fun watching us play in years.  Trickett/Morris/Scott had a nice game plan, our D (like every other) feeds off a competent O.  I would love for us to compete for a conference title, maybe we do this year. 

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

I dont think we are giving enough credit to our receivers for some of Gerry’s bad numbers, the interception for example i dont think the receiver broke on his route precisely enough and then let the cb swoop in there instead of fighting for it

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Jeff Scott is 1-20 against FBS opponents. When those numbers start to improve is when the complaining will get better.