• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We all need to get better…..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, jg233 said:

Passing...Gerry runs well.  McClain with an improved oline would have been better at both based on what we have seen so far imo.  53% completions 0 tds and 4 picks is bottom of the barrel stuff.

McClain a better runner?  Don't think so.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Gerry is bigger and didn't shy away from contact last night, but McClain has more big play possibilities with his legs.  He has more speed.  He ran for his life last year.  Gerry has been very unimpressive so far.  I would be getting Byrum Brown ready to play if I were Scott.  The defense isn't good enough to have Gerry give the other team 10 or so points every game.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The recency bias on this board is astounding considering how many members have degrees.

Timmy was an awful decision maker (yes, as a true freshman for what that’s worth) and relied primarily on his legs which got him into more trouble than not. We saw concrete evidence that his running didn’t amount to much.

GB has been a bit antsy with putting force on his throws. The vast majority of them heading in the right direction and hitting receivers right in the hands; receivers just weren’t/aren’t catching these 50/50 balls. That can be corrected. He made A TON of plays last night that I’m confident Timmy just wouldn’t have made.

Considering the praise this coaching staff and team is receiving for last night’s game, people are choosing to forget that the coaches went with GB for a myriad of transparent reasons. It was made clear early in camp and coaches and players are on record making it clear that GB was the leader (and best player) for the team at QB.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, jg233 said:

Gerry is bigger and didn't shy away from contact last night, but McClain has more big play possibilities with his legs.  He has more speed.  He ran for his life last year.  Gerry has been very unimpressive so far.  I would be getting Byrum Brown ready to play if I were Scott.  The defense isn't good enough to have Gerry give the other team 10 or so points every game.

Will agree to disagree. I didn't see that McClain had the ability to make anyone miss. Even if GB doesn't have that (and he seems to have more that TMc) at least he can truck a guy or two.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

Timmy might be more elusive but vs a SEC team I'll take trucking ability over ellusivness any day.

Speed wise actually think from GPS reports Gerry was a tad faster so its close...and Brown is the fastest.

Gerry has to just figure out the passing game. Pick 6 are absolute killers we cant keep doing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

It takes time for a team to gel.  Remember, patience is a virgin.

gcscottanimated.gif.65d599e985d100a93f54c007ea3ae6dc.gif

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

Old joke.  I'm an acquired taste, Trip 😉

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

1 minute ago, Grateful Dad said:

Old joke.  I'm an acquired taste, Trip 😉

I'm probably just as old but had never heard it ....... was thinking auto-correct ..... but come to think of it, it's pretty apropos for around here at times.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

2 hours ago, jg233 said:

This is true, we should win some games but I don't think Gerry is the answer.  McClain looked better as a true Frosh.

Lol you think Marsh is then? I’m more than happy with Bohanon. As many bad throws as he’s had, we’ve also had some terrible drops. He’s in no way the reason we lost last night. 

• Upvote 1