• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How will the Bulls respond to this crushing defeat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

21 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Angry Janet Jackson GIF

I love me some Janet 😍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

22 hours ago, Triple B said:

In the post game, Lighthall called that the worst call he'd seen in his 50 years of broadcasting ....

50 years? I don’t think Jim Lighthall is 50. Wonder if they’re sending a video compilation of the 4-5 awful calls in the first half to someone? Not that it will matter, but I’d be looking to get it out there somewhere. They were so clearly one-sided.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

50 years? I don’t think Jim Lighthall is 50. Wonder if they’re sending a video compilation of the 4-5 awful calls in the first half to someone? Not that it will matter, but I’d be looking to get it out there somewhere. They were so clearly one-sided.

That was a bit of poetic license ........... and I'd still like some clarification on how that wasn't DPI on the play we were charged with OPI. I kind of get the call against X, think it was him, because he put his hands out but has the rule changed about the db not having to get his head around and play the ball not the player.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

The general consensus outside of USF seems to be that the Gators just aren't good.  While they may be overhyped, they're still a bigger team with loads of SEC talent on paper. Judging by what we've seen from us we had no business competing with them, but it really does look like something clicked.  USF was very well coached on Saturday.  If that continues, we're going to be good. We absolutely have to build on it.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

4 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

The general consensus outside of USF seems to be that the Gators just aren't good.  While they may be overhyped, they're still a bigger team with loads of SEC talent on paper. Judging by what we've seen from us we had no business competing with them, but it really does look like something clicked.  USF was very well coached on Saturday.  If that continues, we're going to be good. We absolutely have to build on it.  

people don't think they're good because we whipped them and we suck, so them not being good is the easiest explanation

It was @ the swamp shortly after they just beat current #13 there. Their loss was a 1 score game until the last minute vs current #8 in the country.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

What was the tweet a couple weeks ago bout how they couldn't hide something and we would all see the truth come out soon? Maybe that tweet wasn't as negative as some thought?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, bulloni said:

people don't think they're good because we whipped them and we suck, so them not being good is the easiest explanation

It was @ the swamp shortly after they just beat current #13 there. Their loss was a 1 score game until the last minute vs current #8 in the country.

Fun fact: We've scored the most points at their stadium since November 13th of 2021.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

14 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Yup. Not a good team.

image.png.ea5fa68cff37809da2bacc8682ff120f.pngimage.png.434e3af68684747cf41622e74027b78a.png

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

What was the tweet a couple weeks ago bout how they couldn't hide something and we would all see the truth come out soon? Maybe that tweet wasn't as negative as some thought?

Blake Green had retweeted it. And then tweeted out this the next week

Then tweeted this after the Gators game

Kegler just retweeted his own tweet after the Gators game too:

Reading between the lines it seems like the players may have known Brian Battie was a gamebreaker and the coaches were playing favorites and that kept him off the field? Or maybe just in general the staff coached like they actually trusted the players on this team this last week

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

4 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Reading between the lines it seems like the players may have known Brian Battie was a gamebreaker and the coaches were playing favorites and that kept him off the field? Or maybe just in general the staff coached like they actually trusted the players on this team this last week

I think it may be more like the staff know what they have but wasn't an urgent need to "unleash" them in the first two games .... if BYU was closer, may have seen more however.

Also, any ********* about CJS's sideline demeanor needs to be put to rest after Saturday ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1