• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I am COMPLETELY disappointed..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

It's THE WAY we lost. It's the SAME WAY we lose in our prior games. I'm EXTREMELY proud of USF football and I'm enjoying the rapid success in the "Big Six" power conference. But, with that success comes a lot more scrutiny and criticism, why? We were not playing for a chance at Conference USA bowl bame, we were not playing Tuesday Night on ESPN2. We were playing for the CHANCE to play in the biggest bowl game in college football on ABC, regardless of how much coverage we were receving. The stakes are MUCH higher now to hand over the game, because that's what we did today. We handed over the game and our shot at a BCS bowl. Either way, I'm still going to the game next weekend and will renew my season tickets next year.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

God Bless You Katie... You Give me HOPE !!!   ;)

(I think it's what we ALL need)

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  193

^^yes, but my main point was to the "fans" saying they weren't going to support us at the WVU game. that's what set me off.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260

Im very upset/pissed/frustrated pick one and fill in blanks. But at the same time I agree with katie I wont miss the game or the bowl game because of this. We cant become fair weather fans. I will say this however if changes are not made and C4 isnt given a chance I may be leaning towards the darkside. But I am a BULL I bleed GREEN AND GOLD and I will still be behind the guys that wear it! except for PJ :)lol!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

^^I don't need to hear YOUR crap. REALLY. Do YOU realize that we are BOWL ELIGIBLE? Did you honestly think at the beginning of the season that we would make it even this far? I doubt it.

This ONE GAME did not ruin the athletic department, GEEZ! For being such a new program, I'd say we're doing a hell of a job.

Bowl eligible and having a CHANCE at not getting picked for a bowl vs a CHANCE to play for a BCS bowl and the guarantee of playing in some bowl.........hmmmmm........i'll take choice #2.

Let's pretend we're Jim Leavitt for a minute. Let's pretend we're sitting in the living room of the best QB recruit in the state of Florida this offseason:

"Son, if you come to my program, we'll be bowl eligible and you could have the chance to showcase your skills in front of the tens of fans that are watching the Meineke Car Care Bowl, live from Podunk, NC.  Come be a Bull!"

OR

"Son, if you come to my program, you have the chance to play in 1 of the 4 PREMIER bowl games in the nation. You'll be on national tv on New Years Day every year. Dont think so? Did you watch this year's Sugar Bowl??? Also, if you wanna play baseball or run track, we'll be upgrading their facilities 10-fold with all the money we made from our Sugar Bowl appearance........etcetcetc"

Exposure. Money. Prestige. Recruiting.

We gave all of it away today.

Excuse me for being negative.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509

You should be completely disapointed in the TEAM!  That was a horrible loss.  They gave that game away with bad decisions and bad play!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

^^yes, but my main point was to the "fans" saying they weren't going to support us at the WVU game. that's what set me off.

That's their bad.

They'll put their Gator hats on tomorrow. Dont worry about them...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  193

^excuse me but I happen to come from "Podunk, NC" (actually Boone) and I have MANY people that would come..I've also heard many students saying they will go wherever the Bulls go. THOSE are the kind of fans I like cheering for.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Katie, don;t take any of this personally. We are all pisse dbecause UConn sucks and we could have beaten them. They scored 15 points at home for crying out loud....as badly as we played we could have won. We were so close to something special next weekend and we are all disheartened by today because we know our team is better than what they showed.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Bowl eligible and having a CHANCE at not getting picked for a bowl vs a CHANCE to play for a BCS bowl and the guarantee of playing in some bowl.........hmmmmm........i'll take choice #2.

Let's pretend we're Jim Leavitt for a minute. Let's pretend we're sitting in the living room of the best QB recruit in the state of Florida this offseason:

"Son, if you come to my program, we'll be bowl eligible and you could have the chance to showcase your skills in front of the tens of fans that are watching the Meineke Car Care Bowl, live from Podunk, NC.  Come be a Bull!"

OR

"Son, if you come to my program, you have the chance to play in 1 of the 4 PREMIER bowl games in the nation. You'll be on national tv on New Years Day every year. Dont think so? Did you watch this year's Sugar Bowl??? Also, if you wanna play baseball or run track, we'll be upgrading their facilities 10-fold with all the money we made from our Sugar Bowl appearance........etcetcetc"

Exposure. Money. Prestige. Recruiting.

We gave all of it away today.

Excuse me for being negative.

I'll excuse you for your negativity but not your stupidity ......

Try this more realistic scenario:

"Son, did you see last year's UConn game? We win that game and there was a good chance we play in one of the 4 PREMIER bowl games in the nation. Know why we didn't win that game, son? We didn't have YOU at qb ...... Come to USF and lead us to that bowl!"