• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hypothetically if we're looking for a new coach after the season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Technically we should have been making these moves back then as well.

You are correct.

25 minutes ago, bulloni said:

If Deion can recruit guys to Jackson State that wanna play in the NFL he can recruit guys to a school with a brand new 300 million dollar stadium. Don't see a universe he complains about that either.

The exposure that makes stars happens on TV. Everything in person is about atmosphere, which is dead with 25k fans in a 70k stadium.

25k in a 40k stadium doesn't look good either, especially if they are losing or struggling to beat Howard, etc.

I suppose it's a chicken or the egg type of question.  You have to get the players FIRST, win the games SECOND and then eventually TV will come knocking on the door.  But don't get me wrong, with what Deion has already done I think he's an interesting possibility wherever he may decide to go.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307

4 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

25k in a 40k stadium doesn't look good either, especially if they are losing or struggling to beat Howard, etc.

I suppose it's a chicken or the egg type of question.  You have to get the players FIRST, win the games SECOND and then eventually TV will come knocking on the door.  But don't get me wrong, with what Deion has already done I think he's an interesting possibility wherever he may decide to go.

And what do you think happens to Jackson State the minute Deion leaves?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, BucsandBulls said:

thats Jackson State’s problem.

worrying about Deion leaving as an excuse to not even pursue the idea is ridiculous.

even if he’s only here 3-4 years that might just be enough to generate some excitement around this program as it (hopefully) catches the next round of expansion at just about the same time.

this program needs a dynamic change & FAST.

Edited by TRUTH D. Antagonist
spleling

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Let's hope cjs find some magic and learns to win in one week...

This is the bull**** that cracks me up.  :roflmao:

58 minutes ago, BucsandBulls said:

If I was a betting man I'd take whoever JSU is playing and give up the points because Deion will take the best players with him, but I could be wrong which is why I don't bet.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, BullShirt said:

25k in an 40k OCS looks a hell of lot better than 25k in 70k NFL stadium with red seats. Things will be fine in the long run. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, BullShirt said:

Deion says with all seriousness: 

WHAT THE F***?  I'm recruiting future NFL players and you want me to tell them they can't play at Raymond James, a Super F*****G Bowl hosting stadium, they got to play at some 40,000 seat OCS shoehorned on to some campus on the north side of Tampa?  MAN, are you pulling my chain or what?  Get the F*** out of here.  If I wanted to coach at South Alabama or UConn I'd already be there.

I can hear the blackface a million miles away. 

6 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

25k in an 40k OCS looks a hell of lot better than 25k in 70k NFL stadium with red seats. Things will be fine in the long run. Go Bulls!

True, that's why we need to focus on winning to get more butts in the seats.  60,000 in Ray Jay would be most impressive.  Then you wouldn't even hardly notice the red seats because everyone would be on their feet cheering on their USF Bulls which in turn blocks the seats and therefore the color red could not be seen.  And because by then the lower two sections will be sold out to season ticket holders leaving only the 3rd level (which is rarely shown on TV) for visiting fans.  And yes, things WILL be fine in the long run but do most of us have THAT much time?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307

30 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

If I was a betting man I'd take whoever JSU is playing and give up the points because Deion will take the best players with him, but I could be wrong which is why I don't bet.

1 hour ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

thats Jackson State’s problem.

worrying about Deion leaving as an excuse to not even pursue the idea is ridiculous.

even if he’s only here 3-4 years that might just be enough to generate some excitement around this program as it (hopefully) catches the next round of expansion at just about the same time.

this program needs a dynamic change & FAST.

No that's the whole point. Because investing in facilities is how you build consistency that can last beyond one coach who wins for a couple years and then leaves. It's a big part of why none of our success under Leavitt translated over to any other coach. I know we are all desperate even for a semblance of competitiveness right now, so even a sniff of 1 winning season sounds good. But ideally you are trying build "sustainable success" as Jeff Scott continues to say in every press conference, which means investing in things that last beyond 1 coach and a couple recruiting classes of players. Can you envision a future where 6-6 is the worst you do and every year you are competing for championships,? Instead of trying to lure in some unknown Coach who you have no idea if they are gonna be good at your school or not after firing your last coach or losing your last coach because they won 1 bowl and see their payday at a P5 school.