• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Easy Money.... Bet UF -24.5

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

19 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Team has a big issue starting games...something like 90% of our FBS games we are down 10 points first quarter. 

Hopefully this season it turns around and defense starts to come together better. 

I used to blame the coaches for this, but I’m starting to think it’s more on the players. If the players can’t get excited and ready to play from the start, that’s on them. Most of the time the players seem bored and like they could care less. You see some players jumping around and into the game, but not many. I watch a lot of college football, and you see more excited from pretty much every team. 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Brad said:

To me that is simple.  I don't believe in the staff at this point.  I do think they are doing some things right that should or could ultimately support success.  I believe the staff may need a longer rope given the circumstances. 

I feel the same way. As far as believing in this staff, I can't say that I do as of now. Scott has brought in some talent though, enough to believe that a breakthrough is possible.  Not sure how long a rope you're talking about, but I think he should be allowed to finish this season at least. If he winds up 1-11 or 2-10, another year would be a tough sell.

4 hours ago, Brad said:

The day I totally give up, I'll keep my mouth shut.  I'm on here too much to COMPLAIN ABOUT THE STAFF AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY.  It would get boring for others and they'd probably disconnect.

Complaining at every opportunity is fair game I guess with the way things have been going, but I can see how that can get a little tiresome for some. Not crazy about the posts implying that Scott isn't trying though. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

Scott is definitely trying, I wish he could be super successful but it's just not cutting it.

for instance if we lose to Florida, Louisville by 3 or more scores, that should be it. even if you dont win the game, you need to at least be competitive. unfortunately CJS doesnt even have that going for him.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I used to blame the coaches for this, but I’m starting to think it’s more on the players. If the players can’t get excited and ready to play from the start, that’s on them. Most of the time the players seem bored and like they could care less. You see some players jumping around and into the game, but not many. I watch a lot of college football, and you see more excited from pretty much every team. 

Maybe it's the way Scott is having team get ready that needs to change.  

Checked Strongs last year...no game down 7 or more to start a game..mostly same team compared to 2020 team.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Maybe it's the way Scott is having team get ready that needs to change.  

Checked Strongs last year...no game down 7 or more to start a game..mostly same team compared to 2020 team.

Wisconsin? I thought we were down big early.

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Wisconsin? I thought we were down big early.

I was just doing first quarter...only down 7....2nd quarter they went off. 

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I was just doing first quarter...only down 7....2nd quarter they went off. 

Yeah it was a beat down and I left at halftime. 

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Maybe it’s both the players and coaches faults for not being ready and excited for the game to start. Played sports when I was in high school and don’t ever remember us needing the coach to get us excited and up for big games. Tomorrow the team should be excited and show enthusiasm, and if not there is huge problems

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Maybe it’s both the players and coaches faults for not being ready and excited for the game to start. Played sports when I was in high school and don’t ever remember us needing the coach to get us excited and up for big games. Tomorrow the team should be excited and show enthusiasm, and if not there is huge problems

Always heard that teams follow the coach's personality so a amped up coach that's very intense the players feed off that energy.

A very calm and not as emotional coach maybe the players Feed off that vibe why we seem to start worse with Scott?

We definitely gotta start games better down big in the first quarter makes it very difficult to claw back into a game.

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2022 at 9:11 PM, Rex Havoc said:

If the coach can't motivate his team game after game and year after year that is on the coach. 

• Haha 1