• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Tweet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

9 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Kevin Kegler did nothing amazing during his time at USF. His opinion is not valid.These players need to have some pride and make some results regardless of the coaching staff. 

Yes I agree. Think we will start seeing results on the field moving forward 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Finally saw some details, that Battie's dad was with 8 players after the game and they aren't happy with the coaching staff.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

That tweet was like a Rorschach test.  It's funny how, in the absence of facts, we fill in the blanks ourselves 🙂

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Finally saw some details, that Battie's dad was with 8 players after the game and they aren't happy with the coaching staff.

Its not a good look on the parents to be on twitter airing complaints after the first game.  At the end of the day, these kids are 17-22 years old, an age where being measured and composed after emotional events is not possible.   Going on to twitter after the game to let angry fans know that these kids said was just irresponsible and did nothing to help.  If anything the "twitter herd" set themselves back with what went on in that group chat- I think the leaders solution was to call up the Coastal Carolina or App State coach and ask them to take USF job.  This was just a bunch of sad fans who needed to vent.  Do these people really think that somewhere out there Rhea Law is listening to the twitter space, and considering firing VPMK or CJS?   You want to have a successful program? Then stop acting like a bunch of middle school kids who need to vent and cry when things don't go your way. 

Former players on twitter talking smack also shouldn't get much attention- especially when they came from a USF group that was way more broken than this one.  At this point, the best thing to do is to support the team.  It was one terrible game. Yes the staff should be held accountable.  Players too.  But it was one game.  The game was over after the reversed replay TD call.   Any results after that should have been viewed with a healthy dose of skepticism.  

Suck it up, support the team, and try to affect change at the end of the year- Nobody is asking for a Jeff Scott fan club.  This is the team we have for this year- we are fans its our job to Support them, if we are looking for in season firings go find a P5 team or NFL team to support.  It aint happening here for the foreseeable future. 

Totally disappointed in this fan base.  This loss is not as bad as McNeese State, its not even as bad as getting the doors blown off at Tulane last year.  I get that we all were hyped up by this admin this offseason, and really the past three years, but going off the deep end like these people are doing is pretty extreme. 

Edited by 12inchtaint!
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

I feel that I've defended CJS pretty well for the last 2 seasons. I understand that BYU is obviously a very good football team and this team is taking live fire snaps together with new OC/DC for the first time. I was even ok with knowing the team was probably going to lose...I just expected there to be change and see a competitive team. 

I have NEVER left a USF game early...NEVER turned a USF game off early. I came so close to doing so this past Saturday. I was fired up at kickoff. Then the first snap happened...I thought "well that's a fluke play out of position, that will get fixed quick." That quickly morphed into 28-0...then 38-0. All the fun, all the build up, all the anticipation...gone. After the game I didn't listen to the post game interviews, press conference, scour twitter, or read articles after this one...I just turned it off. Never done that.

I used to spend Saturdays completely immersed into college football. Obviously kids and life cause that to scale back. We are building a house and living in a camper. Tons of projects to do before the house is done leaves little time to watch football, so I clearly chose to make the ONE game a week I sit through and watch completely be the USF game. 

I am tired of watching this kind of game...this should not be happening. I know CJS has said (time and time again) this is not acceptable and the team is better than this...I don't know if they are...none of us do because they haven't shown it in several years.

I didn't attend USF, I just grew to love the football team and have adopted the other sports that I follow loosely. 

I guess I'm saying all this to say I'll keep watching but **** is it getting hard to do so.

I couldn’t stomach watching college football following the loss to BYU. So next weekend I expect USF to win big. Then I can enjoy college football again

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Having to sit through 3 years of Chuckles and then watching his replacement go 3-19 would make any fan base a little squirrelly 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

20 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

Its not a good look on the parents to be on twitter airing complaints after the first game.  At the end of the day, these kids are 17-22 years old, an age where being measured and composed after emotional events is not possible.   Going on to twitter after the game to let angry fans know that these kids said was just irresponsible and did nothing to help. 

This is a lost art!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

5 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I couldn’t stomach watching college football following the loss to BYU. So next weekend I expect USF to win big. Then I can enjoy college football again

The USF debacle was the only blemish on an otherwise outstanding opening week of college football for me.   I probably could have stopped after the North Carolina games in my back yard and been satisfied.  NC State vs. ECU something but that UNC vs. App State game was insane.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Having to sit through 3 years of Chuckles and then watching his replacement go 3-19 would make any fan base a little squirrelly 

It is true.  It costs me as much of a season ticket just to go to one game, and I keep seeing them get blown out for the most part.  I was lucky that the Houston game last year was at least close and felt like a game.