• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Tweet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

His first words should have been a resounding “apology “ to Bulls Nation. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

You all know you can phone MK directly?    I’m about there but with that extension….well…. I might be wasting my time.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

20 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

It’s time to STFU and coach!

Pretty sure he, and most coaches, would prefer to do just that and not ever have pressers, especially after a loss ....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  1

That wasn't about early reads. It was about player(s) noexecuting .

players not executing is more often than not preparation. My point was that USF was not prepared and it showed because they did not look fluid at all. They were slow and deliberate & BYU was fast instinctive.

I will admit that it got a little better at the game went along  but it was too little too late.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

14 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

You all know you can phone MK directly?    I’m about there but with that extension….well…. I might be wasting my time.

Why?  I am sure he knows how this all needs to line up ASAP to merge with the chips being pushed in on the facilities.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Just now, MaBull said:

That wasn't about early reads. It was about player(s) noexecuting .

players not executing is more often than not preparation. My point was that USF was not prepared and it showed because they did not look fluid at all. They were slow and deliberate & BYU was fast instinctive.

I will admit that it got a little better at the game went along  but it was too little too late.

Again, and I fully realize this will just go down as making excuses, new schemes on both side of the ball going against a well oiled machine. If it got a little better as the game went on, that makes total sense. We need to get a little better every game we play

..... and players not executing simple tasks like a block, catching balls right in their hands, a long snap, isn't about preparation, it's about focus/concentration.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

If you're going to try and make a case for going against the smart move when it comes to deferring or not deferring, you point to what happened with the 2nd half kick-off .....

An exciting play that occurred 1.5 quarters after the game was decided . . . Hindsight is 20/20, but if that had been the opening kick-off, things might have been different Saturday night

I believe that @hm101was referring to the fact that we brought in a championship winning QB, but really did not try to utilize his skills until the third or fourth offensive series (by which time the game was basically over)

More than likely, the decision to defer, as well as the play calling for the first few series, was decided earlier in the week.  Hopefully CJS and CTT review the impact those decisions had and adjust accordingly 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

An exciting play that occurred 1.5 quarters after the game was decided . . . Hindsight is 20/20, but if that had been the opening kick-off, things might have been different Saturday night

I believe that @hm101was referring to the fact that we brought in a championship winning QB, but really did not try to utilize his skills until the third or fourth offensive series (by which time the game was basically over)

More than likely, the decision to defer, as well as the play calling for the first few series, was decided earlier in the week.  Hopefully CJS and CTT review the impact those decisions had and adjust accordingly 

I usually don't care about the coin flip, but I remember saying at the time I was surprised we kicked off into their strength and our biggest weakness instead of letting our new offense take the field first.  Oh well who knows...

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

17 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

No way.

Our defense couldn't get set, players looked confused, we were unable to stop their run and the offense couldn't move the ball. The players were so unorganized on defense it was borderline comical.

Going up 7 would've been nice, but no way the final score would've been way different from what we saw Saturday night no matter what. 

How do the clowns in Oviedo go winless one year and then undefeated two years later, but yet we aren't to expect at least a competitive team - or hell, at least one that can get play calls onto the field - three years into a coaching regime? We should refuse to believe that their program is that much superior to us, and we are to expect less than them.

At some point we gotta ask where the buck stops, and based on the lack of preparation on the simplest things, the answer seems pretty clear. 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 2

Just now, zarnozdabull said:

The players were so unorganized on defense it was borderline comical.

This is true.  

1 minute ago, zarnozdabull said:

ow do the clowns in Oviedo go winless one year and then undefeated two years later, but yet we aren't to expect at least a competitive team

They had the glorious #1 on the hot seat Scott Frost and UCFast.