• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Instead of Dumping Money Into A Stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

How about putting serious money into the coaching staff? Instead of getting some assistant or coordinator or lower conference coach, how about going after a proven top 15 coach?  If you want a winning team, money is the answer. The way  USF has been hiring coaches is hit or miss, mostly miss.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

9 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

The way  USF has been hiring coaches is hit or miss

It's the way pretty much all coaches are hired. Is there some way we've been missing that comes with a guarantee ....??

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

What top 15 anything would come to this progrum?  It’s a **** show from top to bottom. The saddest part is probably the OCS funds are going to have to be reallocated to the payoffs of those criminal extensions. Mike Kelly should be utterly embarrassed. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,351
  • Days Won:  43

OCS by 2026-27 or bust.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468

51 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

How about putting serious money into the coaching staff? Instead of getting some assistant or coordinator or lower conference coach, how about going after a proven top 15 coach?  If you want a winning team, money is the answer. The way  USF has been hiring coaches is hit or miss, mostly miss.

Proven Top 15 coaches don't come to a team in the American Athletic Conference.  They don't even go to the Big 12 or Pac 12. They go to the Big Ten or SEC.

Name ONE SINGLE coach you think that would come to USF that USF could also afford to pay.  We'll wait.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,351
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Proven Top 15 coaches don't come to a team in the American Athletic Conference.  They don't even go to the Big 12 or Pac 12. They go to the Big Ten or SEC.

Name ONE SINGLE coach you think that would come to USF that USF could also afford to pay.  We'll wait.

Will be interesting to see if we start seeing good coaches go to the 6th top rated conference to get that easier path to the playoffs 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468

1 minute ago, Bull Awakening said:

Will be interesting to see if we start seeing good coaches go to the 6th top rated conference to get that easier path to the playoffs 

So you think a good head coach at Vanderbilt or Arizona State or Purdue will leave their conference to go to Coastal Carolina or Fresno State or USF?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, slick1ru2 said:

Instead of Dumping Money Into A Stadium....How about putting serious money into the coaching staff?

I kind of like this idea.  If we can use our future head coach & staff as collateral on the loan, it could work out well for us.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

The true top tier of coaches want to win the playoffs, not just show up. The right coach can generate some hype at a G5 but they'll never have the resources or program draw to put together an actual championship contender than can get through 3 to 4 grueling playoff rounds against the top 12 in the country like they would in the upper tier P5 programs.