• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

26 minutes ago, Triple B said:

How about we become competitive again before setting expectations of domination .....

Hopefully we are competitive by the time the conference takes a dump next season.  That should be the goals for 2022, IMO.  To win six games and show some fight and be competitive in the games we lose.

Edited by USFRaider
  • Crying 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

13 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Hopefully we are competitive by the time the conference takes a dump next season.  That should be the goals for 2022, IMO.  To win six games and show some fight and be competitive in the games we lose.

Exactly ...... baby steps.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah I going to post my score tomorrow. But I am going 34 to 20 BYU. The score may not be as close as the game really is. I just think there are too many new moving parts for USF to take down a ranked team. Bulls will get better as the season progresses but it will be a 1-3 start. 

Thanks for the sneak peek on your projection, we were all getting restless on which way you were going, this will now allow us to sleep, thanks NEB😀

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

17 hours ago, bulloni said:

watched a youtube video of Gerry vs BYU earlier today. the biggest impression I left with is I'd be surprised if we held them under 30 points. think a shootout is our only chance

watched a youtube video of our game vs BYU today and honestly our oline was able to push them around pretty well. For the most part Timmy would have a few seconds before needing to throw or take off, hoping a veteran QB can take better advantage of that to start the game.

What I didn't remember was how many times this defense gets the offense on the ropes, then just lets them convert. 2 of their TD's we're 4th and goals, a few 3rd and longs we let the QB take off and convert, lots of 2nd and longs we let a 3-4 yard gain turn into a 15 yard gain. If Shoop just improves the tackling and contains the QB I think this defense could go from 120th to around the 70-80ish range which should be good enough for a bowl. Think we'll know 30 minutes into game 1.

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yep, ECU is the piviot game for the season.

I would like a pre-pivot teaser before the official pivot.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Thanks for the sneak peek on your projection, we were all getting restless on which way you were going, this will now allow us to sleep, thanks NEB😀

theyll-blow-it-in-the-playoffs-major-lea

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

The media has been alerted…

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

just having the environment of college football back is awesome. one of my favorite things is PAC 12 after dark. full day of CFB behind you, and you turn on the west coast games. amazing.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, bulloni said:

watched a youtube video of our game vs BYU today and honestly our oline was able to push them around pretty well. For the most part Timmy would have a few seconds before needing to throw or take off, hoping a veteran QB can take better advantage of that to start the game.

What I didn't remember was how many times this defense gets the offense on the ropes, then just lets them convert. 2 of their TD's we're 4th and goals, a few 3rd and longs we let the QB take off and convert, lots of 2nd and longs we let a 3-4 yard gain turn into a 15 yard gain. If Shoop just improves the tackling and contains the QB I think this defense could go from 120th to around the 70-80ish range which should be good enough for a bowl. Think we'll know 30 minutes into game 1.

Yea our defense did that at times...it's like we bring some pressure on first 2 downs get teams in a third and long then turtle up and let them convert. Why stop what works. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade