• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah I going to post my score tomorrow. But I am going 34 to 20 BYU. The score may not be as close as the game really is. I just think there are too many new moving parts for USF to take down a ranked team. Bulls will get better as the season progresses but it will be a 1-3 start. 

I also agree with the 1-3 start and honestly, as long as we are not getting blown out in the three losses, I am fine with it. To me, the game I have circled and I will be nervous for is October 1st against East Carolina. That game is going to tell alot about just where we are as a program and how much progress has or has not been made.  We get East Carolina in Tampa and it is a winnable game.  If this team is progressing, that game has to be a win IMO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah I going to post my score tomorrow. But I am going 34 to 20 BYU. The score may not be as close as the game really is. I just think there are too many new moving parts for USF to take down a ranked team. Bulls will get better as the season progresses but it will be a 1-3 start. 

Kind of how I'm thinking also...this be a great season to start off with not so great teams.  It be one thing if end of last year things were clicking and we beat Tulane and UCF but team hasn't at this time shown they know how to win. They haven't had that Syracuse game when you see team Turned the corner yet.  Bunch of new faces and coaches...maybe we upset UL be nice to have one ooc upset this year. 

If they somehow do beat BYU...this team is winning easily 6 games. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Yeah the more I think about it BYU might be the less winnable than UF and Louisville.

10 wins each of the past 2 seasons, known for physical play which we struggle with, and returning the most production in college football. UF has a brand new coach, new QB, and lost a lot of talent to the draft/transfers. Louisville has a stud QB but is probably closer to the level of a good AAC team like SMU/Memphis than some P5 team that can push us around all day. If we're beating one of these teams its probably them.

9 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Yeah the more I think about it BYU might be the less winnable than UF and Louisville.

10 wins each of the past 2 seasons, known for physical play which we struggle with, and returning the most production in college football. UF has a brand new coach, new QB, and lost a lot of talent to the draft/transfers. Louisville has a stud QB but is probably closer to the level of a good AAC team like SMU/Memphis than some P5 team that can push us around all day. If we're beating one of these teams its probably them.

I think Louisville has the best chance to be win #2 out of the first four games, however, the game is on the road, and until Jeff Scott and company prove they know how to win on the road, I am always picking against USF.  I would feel alot better about the game if Louisville had to come to Tampa.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

38 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I also agree with the 1-3 start and honestly, as long as we are not getting blown out in the three losses, I am fine with it. To me, the game I have circled and I will be nervous for is October 1st against East Carolina. That game is going to tell alot about just where we are as a program and how much progress has or has not been made.  We get East Carolina in Tampa and it is a winnable game.  If this team is progressing, that game has to be a win IMO.

Yep, ECU is the piviot game for the season.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i think the bulls pull an upset

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

54 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Saw on reddit that some of ECU fans think the AAC championship is going to go through Greenville for the years to come after the split of the three teams. They've dug themselves out of a bad rut but I don't see that being true. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

It's just because we get to be excited for at least one game before the long season sets in.

**** you for not wanting to preemptively wallow in misery .....

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Saw on reddit that some of ECU fans think the AAC championship is going to go through Greenville for the years to come after the split of the three teams. They've dug themselves out of a bad rut but I don't see that being true. 

There is no reason in the world that USF shouldn't consistently  contend for conference championships after ucf,  Houston and Cincinnati leave.  A team in Tampa should thrive in what will become Conference USA 2.0. In my opinion there are no excuses not to dominate the new conference. If Jeff Scott can't get it done, find someone who can.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

There is no reason in the world that USF shouldn't consistently  contend for conference championships after ucf,  Houston and Cincinnati leave.  A team in Tampa should thrive in what will become Conference USA 2.0. In my opinion there are no excuses not to dominate the new conference. If Jeff Scott can't get it done, find someone who can.

How about we become competitive again before setting expectations of domination .....

• Upvote 2