• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

10 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

No. Bohanon is a leader. This clearly shows where McClain (and/or his Dad) are. Guys transfer for a lot of reasons - this one is only because of selfishness.

You do realize that this is how we got GB, right? Look, it's the new world of college football but since has to sit out anyway, I'm not sure why he wouldn't stay here this year.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

Sucks that Timmy is bailing but the game is the game. If he was that much better than last season we wouldn't have had to get GB. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You do realize that this is how we got GB, right? Look, it's the new world of college football but since has to sit out anyway, I'm not sure why he wouldn't stay here this year.

Completely different situation. I'm not saying no one should ever transfer. Gerry lost his job to a younger player. It was clear that he was never going to be the starter again at Baylor - minus an injury to Shapen. McClain is the clear heir-apparent to the job here and could still be a 3/4-year starter. Two different situations. Like I said, guys transfer for many reasons - Bohanon to play and improve his potential to be a 2023 draft pick; McClain because his feelings were hurt losing the job to a more experienced and proven player.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think the difference between the GB and Timmy situation is that Gerry had already sat out as the backup for multiple seasons. After finally winning the starting job unfortunately he suffered an injury that led to the coaching staff seeing what their younger QB could do. The Baylor coaching staff through honest communication with Gerry told him they were planning on going with the other guy.

Timmy is a young QB who realistically shouldn't have had to play last year anyway. Unfortunately for Timmy he was clearly the best QB on the roster even though he really needed a redshirt year to adjust to the speed of D1 college football. Timmy looked great in flashes against some good defenses but his decision making was suspect at best and he really could've used a season of growth physically and mentally.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That is the point, no problem with him bailing and every man for himself however why burn this year when he could have played, developed and increased his value.  He could have even redshirted if he wanted while still getting some playing time. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Bad decision by Timmy.

And bad decision by me yesterday to watch 8-9 hours of him quarterbacking...  :cry2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Bad decision by Timmy.

And bad decision by me yesterday to watch 8-9 hours of him quarterbacking...  :cry2:

Definitely a bad choice. At this point where does he go on short notice? 
Wonder if Byrum Brown playing better than expected expedited this process/ made the decision a bit easier. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

9 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Completely different situation. I'm not saying no one should ever transfer. Gerry lost his job to a younger player. It was clear that he was never going to be the starter again at Baylor - minus an injury to Shapen. McClain is the clear heir-apparent to the job here and could still be a 3/4-year starter. Two different situations. Like I said, guys transfer for many reasons - Bohanon to play and improve his potential to be a 2023 draft pick; McClain because his feelings were hurt losing the job to a more experienced and proven player.

8 minutes ago, MDBull20 said:

I think the difference between the GB and Timmy situation is that Gerry had already sat out as the backup for multiple seasons. After finally winning the starting job unfortunately he suffered an injury that led to the coaching staff seeing what their younger QB could do. The Baylor coaching staff through honest communication with Gerry told him they were planning on going with the other guy.

Timmy is a young QB who realistically shouldn't have had to play last year anyway. Unfortunately for Timmy he was clearly the best QB on the roster even though he really needed a redshirt year to adjust to the speed of D1 college football. Timmy looked great in flashes against some good defenses but his decision making was suspect at best and he really could've used a season of growth physically and mentally.

Points taken .... but no matter how you cut it, they both left for selfish reasons, just different types of selfishness and is going to be more prevalent in this new world of college football that I'm beginning to dislike more and more.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, 12inchtaint! said:

Definitely a bad choice. At this point where does he go on short notice? 

This is where daddy was supposed to step in...help Timmy think through it all...

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Good luck to Timmy.....