• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scrimmage 8/13

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

49 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

It might be the fair thing to do at this point, although we don't really know. It seems from what's been reported that they are neck and neck. 

For the benefit of this team, I feel like a decision needs to be made. We need to spend the next two weeks with a clear vision moving into the season. Letting this play out another week really cuts into that time. 

I think they want to give it to Gerry B but want to make it feel like there is actually a competition between him and Timmy to keep Timmy engaged and improving. Either way we need to find a QB asap and get the team behind him. WE can't have another season of quarterback carousel. If you have 4 qbs you have none.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

14 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

15 penalties in this scrimmage

Most eye opening takeaway to me from scrimmage because it doesn't involve good news/bad news in regards to offense/defense ...... just bad news period ..... but also easily fixable ..... hopefully.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Most eye opening takeaway to me from scrimmage because it doesn't involve good news/bad news in regards to offense/defense ...... just bad news period ..... but also easily fixable ..... hopefully.

We have been having penalty issues for years now. I hope it is fixed as well, but man this is exhausting

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, jg233 said:

In 25+ years, we have never had a good offensive line.  No one should expect them to be good.  They just need to get in the way long enough for Gerry or Timmy to make a play most of the time.  There is a reason that every good USF QB is known for making plays while running for his life.

CJS wasnt here 25 years ago, nor was the transfer portal, IPF or a real plan to build an OCS. Time changes and so does the universe my friend. Dont let the past affect your hope 4 the present or future. Who says our current or future offensive lines can't be good? 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

17 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

We have been having penalty issues for years now. I hope it is fixed as well, but man this is exhausting

Actually the last two seasons that is one area Scott has done well...ranked 40th and 29th last year in penalties. 

So we should be ok In that area.  But if we are going to be a more attacking defense I'm ok if we have a few more penalties due to aggression.  Offense just needs to keep clean.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

New offense, new defense, first scrimmage for both players and the refs.  If it wasn’t a borderline *********** then I would be concerned they were spinning a false narrative.  To me the eye opening takeaways are the passing accuracy of both GB and Timmy.  I realize a lot of safe short passes probably but either way this is impressive.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I'm hoping that the majority of the penalties were of the pre-snap variety, which I can forgive during a first scrimmage.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

26 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

New offense, new defense, first scrimmage for both players and the refs.  If it wasn’t a borderline *********** then I would be concerned they were spinning a false narrative.  To me the eye opening takeaways are the passing accuracy of both GB and Timmy.  I realize a lot of safe short passes probably but either way this is impressive.

The two horrible GB passes in that Spring Game were short passes so I'm going with he wasn't 100% healthy until sometime early this summer ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Remember when people were praising Scott for having a more disciplined team than Strong 🤣