• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scrimmage 8/13

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

15 penalties in this scrimmage

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

15 penalties in this scrimmage

He did say we have a lot to work on.. .

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

They were playing touch football with those 2 QB’s, if they actually had to bring either of them down, (especially GB) it would not be freakin 8.  Hell I would love to see Hill take down GB, he would shake him like a rag doll. 

Still means they (our defense) are getting through the experienced line. We know both QBs can run. But we will need balance throughout the year for consistency. No, I’m not talking about QBs consistently running for their lives.

As a reminder, GB or Timmy are only one person on this team. They can’t do it all. We need that line to help the QBs, receivers, and backs. Let’s pray that line steps it up! I don’t want to hear the complaints that we’ve never had a good/ok/mediocre QB.

Edited by CycleBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  338
  • Days Won:  0

I bet they will push picking a starting QB another week based on how close it was.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

35 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

Still means they (our defense) are getting through the experienced line. We know both QBs can run. But we will need balance throughout the year for consistency. No, I’m not talking about QBs consistently running for their lives.

As a reminder, GB or Timmy are only one person on this team. They can’t do it all. We need that line to help the QBs, receivers, and backs. Let’s pray that line steps it up! I don’t want to hear the complaints that we’ve never had a good/ok/mediocre QB.

The offense will only be as good as the oline allows. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

45 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

I played flag football and touch football growing up, tackle football is a way different beast, just sayin 

39 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I played flag football and touch football growing up, tackle football is a way different beast, just sayin 

I agree they are different. We need protection and not conditioning for our QBs in every single game. I will try to my best to put my blinders on until the first game. Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, CycleBull said:

Well like the cliche about iron strengthening  iron,or steel or something. Our oline now has a quality d-line to practice against. Im sure it will only make them improve. 

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

Well like the cliche about iron strengthening  iron,or steel or something. Our oline now has a quality d-line to practice against. Im sure it will only make them improve. 

I like how you turned that around! Go Bulls!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

11 hours ago, USF968 said:

I bet they will push picking a starting QB another week based on how close it was.

It might be the fair thing to do at this point, although we don't really know. It seems from what's been reported that they are neck and neck. 

For the benefit of this team, I feel like a decision needs to be made. We need to spend the next two weeks with a clear vision moving into the season. Letting this play out another week really cuts into that time. 

• Upvote 2