• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In the event USF defeats Nationally Ranked BYU . . .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,427
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, bulloni said:

Mangham mentioned on the fowler avenue interview with Grothe that this fall camp was a lot more serious than last years.

Reminds me of a story I heard in one of the practices where Gerry chewed guys out for going through the motions and how that wasn't going to cut it, then the rest of practice got super intense. Not to nock Timmy, but he wasn't a vocal leader and having a successful veteran that can call guys out like that is huge. 

"Bad teams, no one leads. Average teams, coaches lead. But elite teams, players lead."

Well good news if is the players lead then we have a chance,  because I wouldn't put much faith in Jeff Scott leading us. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,592
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Well good news if is the players lead then we have a chance,  because I wouldn't put much faith in Jeff Scott leading us. 

You can continue with this **** all you want but if/when we start having success, he's getting credit for it whether you like it or not ....

• Go Bulls! 1

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

You can continue with this **** all you want but if/when we start having success, he's getting credit for it whether you like it or not ....

I would love for that to happen but 1-18 in FBS Football is not success and unacceptable anyway you slice it.  He got an extension and he is our coach for five more years. I hope he becomes the best USF coach ever but every coach ranking in the world is not placing him anywhere but the bottom. We have to trust Gerry B, Chad Morris, Trickett, and Shoop to turn this around .

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,038
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, Outlaw said:

I would love for that to happen but 1-18 is not success anyway you slice it. It will take him 17 straight fbs wins to break .500 .

When they start winning, who cares about those years?  CCS nuked the team.

5 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I disliked CCS because of his last two seasons but he inherited a 4 win team and 3 fbs wins that year. We were told that CCS that was such a bad coach and it was so toxic that virtually any coach could instantly improve the team. Unfortunately it has been the opposite.  Lets hope this is the year the losing finally stops and Jeff Scott starts winning. I believe in Gerry B. based off the footage I saw of him at Baylor. I hope Chad Morris advising the new OC Trickett can bring some elite offense we were sold and Shoop improves the defense which should not be hard.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

12 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I disliked CCS because of his last two seasons but he inherited a 4 win team and 3 fbs wins that year. We were told that CCS that was such a bad coach and it was so toxic that virtually any coach could instantly improve the team. Unfortunately it has been the opposite.  Lets hope this is the year the losing finally stops and Jeff Scott starts winning. I believe in Gerry B. based off the footage I saw of him at Baylor. I hope Chad Morris advising the new OC Trickett can bring some elite offense we were sold and Shoop improves the defense which should not be hard.

Basically that first season with JS was kind of a waste due to the pandemic. No coach on this Earth could of done much better with what there was to work with. 

22 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Basically that first season with JS was kind of a waste due to the pandemic. No coach on this Earth could of done much better with what there was to work with. 

Completely false .  Jeff Traylor took over a 4-8 program during his first year the same year as Jeff Scott. Traylor improved them instantly to 7-5 in year one and in year two he improved a 4 win team  he inherited to 12 wins. It could be done if we did not accept excuses and accepted only results. We just need the coach to do  much better. The most interesting part is Traylor was the running backs coach under Chad Morris at Arkansas and SMU. Morris  flopped at Arksansas but did a good job at smu. Now Chad Morris in an analyst for Jeff Scott's offense which we know is an advising role and making recommendations on how to improve.

Edited by Outlaw

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

The same ones who pounce on Willie's overall USF record and pretend he was a failure here because of it ....

1 hour ago, Bull Awakening said:

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Completely false .  Jeff Traylor took over a 4-8 program

What you and your ilk apparently can't grasp is that taking over the same record somewhere else does not equate to taking over this program ...... every situation was uniquely different. Should CJS have probably done better than he did .... probably .... but the bottom line is those first two years don't mean **** at this point. It's the next 2 that will decide whether CJS is our guy or not.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

The team will definitely make strides this season. I don't expect us to beat Florida or BYU, but I think we will look much better than the past 3 years.

• Upvote 1