• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Away game tickets $$$

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Read what I responded to again, please. It pertained to an overall mindset. 

No I get that. I just don’t see a strong correlation between saving a few bucks as a measurement of my degree as a fan. One has to pick their spots and invest $ wise and “school spirit” wise at the contact point that has the most Importance. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

You guys and your road games. God bless you all. I haven’t been to a road game since the 2017 heart breaker at ucf. Maybe one day I will attend another road game, who knows? As of right now, seeing them six times at Ray Jay is enough for me. 

• Crying 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No I get that. I just don’t see a strong correlation between saving a few bucks as a measurement of my degree as a fan. One has to pick their spots and invest $ wise and “school spirit” wise at the contact point that has the most Importance. 

Agree with that in regards to this particular situation.

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

How well fans travel is a metric that is looked at and buying through the university is the best way that is measured.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not questioning fandom at all. Simply saying that away game ticket sales matter.

Using the opponents season tickets bolsters their numbers. I know it’s only a very few, but IMO it still makes a difference.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I could argue that being spread out throughout the stadium is not a bad thing either. Further, there are some away games you can still purchase cheaper tickets that are in the same away location or near by. It never hurts to save a Buck or two at an away game. 

Who on earth ever wants to be spread out throughout the stadium?  What is the point of being two USF fans in the middle of a bunch of opponent fans?

USF has to return unsold seats, which then get sold to Louisville fans... so, it hurts USF when not buying through the school.

Plus, when you buy away tickets via USF, you earn priority points.

48 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It doesn't measure YOUR support as a fan.  It measures our COLLECTIVE support as fans.  Official ticket sales are the only way to measure ... there's no real way to count USF fans who don't buy tickets through USF.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Between just airfare and hotel, I’m in over a grand on this roadie, however, I’ll still buy tickets through USF.  I would rather sit with fellow Bulls fans than get stuck next to some yahoo who’s running his mouth while we get curb stomped.  When sitting with fellow Bulls fans we can commiserate if we lose and celebrate if we win.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

We do?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Who on earth ever wants to be spread out throughout the stadium?  What is the point of being two USF fans in the middle of a bunch of opponent fans?

USF has to return unsold seats, which then get sold to Louisville fans... so, it hurts USF when not buying through the school.

It doesn't measure YOUR support as a fan.  It measures our COLLECTIVE support as fans.  Official ticket sales are the only way to measure ... there's no real way to count USF fans who don't buy tickets through USF.

Why not? I’ve done it plenty of times, met nice people, told them the history of USF, etc. You make it sound like I am going to a gun fight. Even if seats are sold back to other fans I don’t see how it costs USF financially. They are simply giving them back. Does it cost in fan support? Sure, I can agree with that. But how about putting a viable product on the field before I fly all over to watch them play. I’ve been to plenty while this team has sucked, it’s their turn to show me what they have before I pony up more cash. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Why not? I’ve done it plenty of times, met nice people, told them the history of USF, etc. You make it sound like I am going to a gun fight. Even if seats are sold back to other fans I don’t see how it costs USF financially. They are simply giving them back. Does it cost in fan support? Sure, I can agree with that. But how about putting a viable product on the field before I fly all over to watch them play. I’ve been to plenty while this team has sucked, it’s their turn to show me what they have before I pony up more cash. 

You just have a different mindset and that's fine to each their own (still think you are wrong) but - glad you will be there to support them.