• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

Alright... Move this where needed but I've had it with the ad block notice. I've used Brave (shields down), egde, chome with ad block turned off. No sync, incognito, you name it. I can't get around the annoyance of this notification. How do yall browse this forum?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

I think the app broke.  I had an issue using a test account yesterday but had no idea how broad the issue was.  Next time you have an issue, just send a message. 

Just now, Brad said:

I think the app broke.  I had an issue using a test account yesterday but had no idea how broad the issue was.  Next time you have an issue, just send a message. 

Good deal. Thanks. I wasn't sure if i should have messaged directly or if it was wide spread so figured i would see if anyone else experienced it. It started a few weeks ago, maybe a month or so.  I've always just turned off the blocker and been good. I almost walked down the hall to my web dev to ask him if he could knock it down 🤣.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

It started a few weeks ago, maybe a month or so.

That makes sense. I saw some other sites reporting issues but I had not heard of any.  

However, the app is supposed to irritate (warn) people that use adblock - that’s the point.  So what you experienced may not be a broken app.  

The board is paid for with ads, hence adblock is discouraged.  I appreciate it if you don’t use it on our site.  

I try to manage ads to expenses.  I hope to back down ads as we get closer to the season. 

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

However, the app is supposed to irritate (warn) people that use adblock - that’s the point.  So what you experienced may not be a broken app.  

For sure. I get that man. A simple shields down on Brave or ad block disable and i was good to go before. Now i get the notification as im looking at multiple ads 😆

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

For sure. I get that man. A simple shields down on Brave or ad block disable and i was good to go before. Now i get the notification as im looking at multiple ads 😆

I use an AdBlock but have it turned off for this site but get the messages also.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

13 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Alright... Move this where needed but I've had it with the ad block notice. I've used Brave (shields down), egde, chome with ad block turned off. No sync, incognito, you name it. I can't get around the annoyance of this notification. How do yall browse this forum?

Thank you for addressing this. It's been annoying me, but just didn't say anything lol I have no idea how to turn it off.  by now I just kind of got habituated to it.

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,347
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Good deal. Thanks. I wasn't sure if i should have messaged directly or if it was wide spread so figured i would see if anyone else experienced it. It started a few weeks ago, maybe a month or so.  I've always just turned off the blocker and been good. I almost walked down the hall to my web dev to ask him if he could knock it down 🤣.

It’s wide spread

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,348
  • Days Won:  10

You guys see ads?  You don't need ad blocker. I happen to know a way that you can make it so you won't see ads...

200.gif

Edited by Grateful Dad

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

I don't block ad's but am still seeing the ad bloc window.