• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Positive outlook

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

True even of the MEAC.

Little league, water polo championships, corn hole national championship, even the lawn bowling championships…doesn’t matter the level or league, it’s all about being a champion. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, USFRaider said:

It is for me as well. I don’t care what anyone else says, this is year 3 for the program. We are going to get a lot of answers about Scott and his coaching ability this season. No excuse not to win six games . 

We all are in the same boat besides some delusional fans.  I will go out on a limb and say we win 7, if we are not bowling I am out until I am not.  We will all fade away to some extent if this country bumpkin lays another egg. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, USFRaider said:

Very true. On their best days, the Oline is average. Not a single one of the seniors will be playing on Sundays. Hopefully Trickett can scheme around the OLine deficiencies 

This is so true, tired of hearing about how we have a bunch of NFL caliber lineman when they can’t block G5 lineman.  

Edited by Brad
To remove personal opinion of another member
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Can we stop with the same bellyaching on multiple threads (again)?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

51 minutes ago, Brad said:

Can we stop with the same bellyaching on multiple threads (again)?

It’s the TBP version of Tourette’s Syndrome ….

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

48 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

For me, there is a big difference between "I love USF" and "I love USF football".  I truly expect USF to eventually be one of the best research universities in the nation.  My diploma from USF gives me great pride.  I will always be grateful for the education I received as I was disabled and unemployable until my USF degree.

USF football has been less consistent in its ascent.  After the debacles post-Jim, I greatly lowered my expectations.  While I won't miss a game, all this "I expect a bowl game or else" or "I see at least six or seven wins" makes me scratch my head.  I see another disappointing season until it isn't.    That being said, I do have confidence in Scott, as long as he surrounds himself with capable people.

This isn't a make it or break it season for me.  I'll always watch, but keep my expectations low until I am proven wrong.

While I didn't go to USF I do take pride in the my local schools. We differ in the fact that I never see another disappointing season, until I do. Closest I came to ending my season tickets was Strong's last season. Over the last two season I have seen enough improvements and changes that had to be made to keep my hopes up for the future. 

As always, if USF gets beat, so be it. If USF beats USF, I have a problem.

83 days - GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

While I didn't go to USF I do take pride in the my local schools. We differ in the fact that I never see another disappointing season, until I do.

One of the best statements I've seen on this board was years ago and was basically, I don't look forward to a Bulls season with expectations but rather anticipation ....

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

18 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is the year for me regarding Scott. Time for him to put on his big boy pants and get something going right on the field play. I am completely tired of all this losing. 

I understand this sentiment... however there is a bit of damned if we do/damned if we don't... let's say Scott wins 3 games this year... which even I would think is a failure... A coaching change basically means throwing in the towel and losing again next year... and maybe the year after, as a new coach comes in with a new system and has to recruit his players.... at the same time... if Scott only wins 3 games, there's no reason to believe he'll get any better.

That said, I believe this team will get to five or six wins this season... with the potential for more depending on how the new coordinators do.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

19 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I understand this sentiment... however there is a bit of damned if we do/damned if we don't... let's say Scott wins 3 games this year... which even I would think is a failure... A coaching change basically means throwing in the towel and losing again next year... and maybe the year after, as a new coach comes in with a new system and has to recruit his players.... at the same time... if Scott only wins 3 games, there's no reason to believe he'll get any better.

That said, I believe this team will get to five or six wins this season... with the potential for more depending on how the new coordinators do.

Even if he only wins three games this season, I don’t think there would be a coaching change because of the stupid extension he just signed . With that being said, if he only wins three games this season, I could definitely see him on a scorching hot seat heading into 2023, extension or no extension.

• Like 1