• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alumni away game tailgate

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Only going to one game (Temple) as I have a lot of transitional things going on (sold my home, looking for a place, may take a position at a different university, etc.). Plus USF Athletics will have to show me something before I invest time and money in them. I am hanging on by a thread with this program.

We've been discussing Temple if we don't do Houston. Haven't seen some friends and family up in NJ in years so we're considering that one.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Trying to get to the Temple game.  I heard they might do an official tailgate for that one too.  Just depends on the season and  the fan interest

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

I will also be heading to Temple... and planning to go to Louisville.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

For those that went to the Swamp back in 2010, was there any kind of alumni sponsored bus service?  Last time I drove up with a friend and he was the DD.  With a 7:30pm kickoff, we won’t get back till after midnight.  Not sure I want to make that drive back after a day of tailgating.  I’d gladly take the University sponsored bus if one is available.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, JoeB said:

Trying to get to the Temple game.  I heard they might do an official tailgate for that one too.  Just depends on the season and  the fan interest

That would be awesome if that happens.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,866
  • Days Won:  67

On 6/3/2022 at 11:40 AM, CousinRicky said:

May do both still although our daughter and s-i-l backed out of L'ville.  The one is Houston is where I met Frisco I believe.

Yep however that was prior to me joining TBP, actually met a guy from the Philly area (I think, grad 84ish) at the happy hour the night before that game and he turned me onto this board. You convinced me to do a shot of fireball at the alumni event prior to the game for good luck and we not only lost but didn’t win again all year, we were 7-0 and living a lie.  The next year you, Jchem, El Toro and me all did another shot of fireball at the alumni event prior to GA Tech for luck and we lost that one as well, also met the infamous NEB and  @BDYZR.I guess it serves us right for drinking that sissy drink.  May go to Tulsa and Houston, may not go to either, depending if we actually field a team.  

• Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,635
  • Days Won:  6

Going to Louisville and will be at any organized events like these.  I've never been to a game at UL.  Is the Friday night get together usually at a  joint on Baxter Ave or more in downtown?

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Yep however that was prior to me joining TBP, actually met a guy from the Philly area (I think, grad 84ish) at the happy hour the night before that game and he turned me onto this board. You convinced me to do a shot of fireball at the alumni event prior to the game for good luck and we not only lost but didn’t win again all year, we were 7-0 and living a lie.  The next year you, Jchem, El Toro and me all did another shot of fireball at the alumni event prior to GA Tech for luck and we lost that one as well, also met the infamous NEB and  @BDYZR.I guess it serves us right for drinking that sissy drink.  May go to Tulsa and Houston, may not go to either, depending if we actually field a team.  

So it appears to be your fault that the Fireball not only didn't work but never worked again. We now have a variety of shots available at our tailgates including Fireball. 

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

4 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

For those that went to the Swamp back in 2010, was there any kind of alumni sponsored bus service?  Last time I drove up with a friend and he was the DD.  With a 7:30pm kickoff, we won’t get back till after midnight.  Not sure I want to make that drive back after a day of tailgating.  I’d gladly take the University sponsored bus if one is available.

Only within G'ville.  We went to the Alumni breakfast 'tailgate' (remember, it was Nooner) and there was a bus from the hotel where the tailgate happened to the stadium (and back after).  Made it easier to get off campus... but we drove our own vehicle back from that.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,866
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

So it appears to be your fault that the Fireball not only didn't work but never worked again. We now have a variety of shots available at our tailgates including Fireball. 

I bring some bad luck, I left Tampa in 2006 after getting pummeled by hurricanes in 2004 and 5, and you guys have dodged it since then, and 2008 Ike hit Houston and Harvey in 2017 was brutal 50” of rain,  had 2 roofs replaced in Frisco due to hail, I am like  the Charlie Brown character with the cloud over my head, either way I will drink a ******* wine cooler if we could simply be respectable again and start winning.