• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

P5 Conference Champion transfer QB visiting campus this weekend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm not a big fan of Timmy's arm altogether. But if you see something I don't than I have hope that he is actually a decent thrower. My eyes see a better arm in Bohanon, but I just care about either one of our top 3 QBs hitting a receiver. 

What I saw was Timmy has a good arm and when he has a good read can throw a pretty good ball.  His problem was youth and not being a great reader of defenses.  That will come with time.  He will/would make a big jump in this in his sophomore season I'm sure but will it be enough to catch GB??  GB was surrounded by better talent around the field and placing him here might not yield the jump many think.  If you put QB TMcC what would it look like?  We don't know.  TMcC might be better stacked side by side with GB.  That is a very real possibility.  It isn't easy to compare two QB's from two different teams.  There is team chemistry and chemistry with the receivers, OL talent, scheme, and so on.  It isn't as cut and dry as we might think.  I seriously believe GB starting is far from a done deal at this point and I hope CJS doesn't just hand him the job.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

51 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

What I saw was Timmy has a good arm and when he has a good read can throw a pretty good ball.  His problem was youth and not being a great reader of defenses.  That will come with time.  He will/would make a big jump in this in his sophomore season I'm sure but will it be enough to catch GB??  GB was surrounded by better talent around the field and placing him here might not yield the jump many think.  If you put QB TMcC what would it look like?  We don't know.  TMcC might be better stacked side by side with GB.  That is a very real possibility.  It isn't easy to compare two QB's from two different teams.  There is team chemistry and chemistry with the receivers, OL talent, scheme, and so on.  It isn't as cut and dry as we might think.  I seriously believe GB starting is far from a done deal at this point and I hope CJS doesn't just hand him the job.

Talent and athletic skill wise I think both are pretty similar if both are on same team. 

The biggest upgrade GB brings is he helped lead a college team to a conference championship. He has more experience as the leader of a offense at college level.

Timmy did it at HS level so maybe he can be that guy here but right now he isn't. A year behind GB could actually benefit him greatly. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Hell, after 29 pages of speculation I just hope the guy shows up on campus when practice starts and/or for summer workouts. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

Look at the bright side, we have a pretty good QB room with some pretty talented guys coming in. All of these QB's have a new OC with 2 of them, a veteran and a rookie, not having the spring to learn the playbook. We'll know for sure in 108 days.

GO BULLS!

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

16 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Look at the bright side, we have a pretty good QB room with some pretty talented guys coming in. All of these QB's have a new OC with 2 of them, a veteran and a rookie, not having the spring to learn the playbook. We'll know for sure in 108 days.

GO BULLS!

Thank you for your thoughts from The Bright Side....😎🤘

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

On 5/10/2022 at 6:39 PM, Brad said:

If anybody has followed Jeff Scott here at USF you know he talked to Timmy before the offer and likely after the offer.  I would think Timmy and the rest of the quarterback room know where they fit into this program.  Silence doesn’t work for anybody but the worst head coaches.  

• Upvote 1