• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No streaming of Spring Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

I would have enjoyed watching it.  Oh well.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Ghostbuster said:

Obviously I'm not talking about people who don't care if it's streamed. 

And frankly if your only input on a conversation is "I don't care, doesn't affect me" then why even join the conversation?  The fact that you still choose to comment, suggests you care more about trivializing my problem by saying 'much ado about nothing'.

I (and others) want to watch this game but cannot.  This isn't 1995, it's not hard to stream content online.  And a stupid explanation by a coach, is absolutely fair game for ridicule.

I tore into Strong for suggesting we lost a game because players were distracted by their new (blackout) uniforms.  You better believe I'll go after a coach for suggesting a spring game video could cost him a win.  I mean, my god, how can anyone expect to win a bowl game when your opponents have an entire season of film to digest?

Are the comments minor in the grand scheme?  Sure.  But do the comments make the coaches look dumb (and dismissive of people who can't attend the game in person)?  Yep.  Is the message board fair game to discuss that?  You bet.

You are right in one regard. It's not nothing to those who want to watch but can't and I get it ...... but that's all this really is. My much ado about nothing is more aimed at the unsupportable crap about wasting a chance for publicity and/or to engage fans by not streaming a glorified scrimmage, on a site most non hardcore USF fans have never heard of. You may not agree with CJS's reasoning for not streaming but it does make sense on some levels ..... and saying that the coach suggested a spring game video could cost him a win is hyperbole usually seen from other sources.

I'm sorry you can't go, and can't watch it, but some are making a mountain out of a molehill of it and the message board is fair game to discuss that.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

5 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

it's not hard to stream content online.

It is if you don't have the infrastructure.

The IdentityTB streamed it before.  They are out this time around.  Maybe it wasn't worth the use of their time and equipment.  If only 17 people watch it, maybe not a smart investment.

I'm not saying that is definitely the reason, but I'd rather our coach use another plausible reason than "no one really cares, except for about 17 people".

The diehards that remain and CANNOT go may watch it.  How much more of ANYONE in Tampa Bay will tune in for a scrimmage?

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

It is if you don't have the infrastructure.

The IdentityTB streamed it before.  They are out this time around.  Maybe it wasn't worth the use of their time and equipment.  If only 17 people watch it, maybe not a smart investment.

I'm not saying that is definitely the reason, but I'd rather our coach use another reason than "no one really cares, except for about 17 people".

Even though it’s probably true, with all 17 being on this board, if that quote is accurate, he shouldn’t have put it that way. 

9 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

Guys he is showing you exactly what he thinks.

“I hate it for some of the fans that maybe won’t be able to make it,” Scott said, “but I think the No. 1 thing that all fans want to do is win.”

He thinks a 2 win USF squad without a clear QB1 can get a competitive advantage against BYU for a series or two by keeping a spring scrimmage off the internet.

If that is indeed what he thinks and believes he is absolutely doing the right thing. As pathetic as this team was last year, how the hell can you argue that it needs every possible advantage going into that game, no matter how minute. That should outweigh any minuscule, unproven perk that streaming it would bring. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

I remember a Facebook stream a few years back, viewership was in the mid 300’s throughout the contest.  I agree only the die hards would watch and if it gets another 50- 100 people in the stands then is it worth it? Who knows, who cares, I end up getting my hopes up in the spring game only to realize we suck on both sides of the ball giving us a false narrative we are good on both sides.  The game in the end doesn’t display anything of value IMO so much ado about nothing. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I remember a Facebook stream a few years back, viewership was in the mid 300’s throughout the contest.  I agree only the die hards would watch and if it gets another 50- 100 people in the stands then is it worth it? Who knows, who cares, I end up getting my hopes up in the spring game only to realize we suck on both sides of the ball giving us a false narrative we are good on both sides.  The game in the end doesn’t display anything of value IMO so much ado about nothing. 

Well obviously Scott disagrees with you and thinks BYU would find much value in it. 😂

Anyways I’m over it, I just find it funny all the different excuses they keep throwing out there, keep trying boys one is bound to stick. Another pathetic display at handling a decision by USF Athletics 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

14 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

Now I'm hearing the real reason might be 'USF doesn't think it's worth the time/effort/money to stream'.

No you’re not. I simply made a suggestion.