• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brian Gregory "news"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

5 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

He would be better than anyone we have had at USF since Lee Rose

To clarify, he would have a better resume coming in than anyone since Lee Rose. Would remain to be seen if he would be better here than anyone...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

To clarify, he would have a better resume coming in than anyone since Lee Rose. Would remain to be seen if he would be better here than anyone...

At this point I would love to give him a shot.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

Long time reader, first time poster and I may end up being the shortest (time, not height) member of this board. 

We have been MBB season ticket holders since they renovated the Dome years ago.  We have decided that it's personal now.  Either Brian Gregory goes or we go.  Tired of this crap.

My nephew coaches college basketball (head coach).  They made the tourney this year.  I spoke to him a while back and asked what he thought about USF MBB.  He just laughed and said "inconsistent, undisciplined, erratic and poorly coached".  This from a guy that played in a Final Four and an Elite 8 and has been coaching college basketball for almost 10 years.  He knows the game.

Plus, I can't help but think that after putting up with this crap for almost 10 year that "IF" USF would suddenly get a good coach and have a good season or two that they would immediately raise ticket prices AND require a big "contribution" to the university for the "privilege" of buying season tickets.  There would be NO CONSIDERATION for people like us that have been season tickets holders for SEVERAL horrible, losing seasons.

Like I said, it's Gregory or US................and when we're gone, we're gone forever and we will never come back not that I expect anyone here to care.

And yes, I have strongly voiced my opinion with the athletic department.  I told them why I didn't think Orlando Antigua was a good choice and I told them why I didn't think Brian Gregory was a good choice either.  We also go to some football games.  I told them why I didn't think Charlie Strong was a good choice and I also told them why I didn't think Jeff Scott was a good choice (and still don't).

I know, I know.  I'm just full of happiness and sunshine.  But like I said at the beginning, I may end up being the shortest (time, not height) member of this board.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

Long time reader, first time poster and I may end up being the shortest (time, not height) member of this board. 

We have been MBB season ticket holders since they renovated the Dome years ago.  We have decided that it's personal now.  Either Brian Gregory goes or we go.  Tired of this crap.

My nephew coaches college basketball (head coach).  They made the tourney this year.  I spoke to him a while back and asked what he thought about USF MBB.  He just laughed and said "inconsistent, undisciplined, erratic and poorly coached".  This from a guy that played in a Final Four and an Elite 8 and has been coaching college basketball for almost 10 years.  He knows the game.

Plus, I can't help but think that after putting up with this crap for almost 10 year that "IF" USF would suddenly get a good coach and have a good season or two that they would immediately raise ticket prices AND require a big "contribution" to the university for the "privilege" of buying season tickets.  There would be NO CONSIDERATION for people like us that have been season tickets holders for SEVERAL horrible, losing seasons.

Like I said, it's Gregory or US................and when we're gone, we're gone forever and we will never come back not that I expect anyone here to care.

And yes, I have strongly voiced my opinion with the athletic department.  I told them why I didn't think Orlando Antigua was a good choice and I told them why I didn't think Brian Gregory was a good choice either.  We also go to some football games.  I told them why I didn't think Charlie Strong was a good choice and I also told them why I didn't think Jeff Scott was a good choice (and still don't).

I know, I know.  I'm just full of happiness and sunshine.  But like I said at the beginning, I may end up being the shortest (time, not height) member of this board.

Come In The Good Place GIF by Global TV

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

This all falls on MK.  He owned CBG when he started handing out contract extensions like a pez dispenser.  I’ve never seen anything so lazy and irresponsible as the blanket extensions in the name of stability.  Looks like he’s driving away a lot of long time supporters.  

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

17 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

I don’t blame you from bailing out on basketball. It’s horrible to watch and there isn’t anyone coming in that will make you think we are improving. Regarding football, I’m not sold on Scott yet but at least he is adding players that give you hope that it will change. Basketball there is no hope

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

That's the word I had a brain fart on. I believe Martin is Hispanic, vaguely remembering something about he and COA facing each other and something being made of that ........ of course I could be completely fabricating that whole thing.

Yep that was a nationally televised game in December 16, played South Carolina close only because McMurray was en fuego in the El Jefe face off.  Want to say Jahmal said **** this place  and transferred to SMU shortly after that game, we were a big pile of dog **** then and unfortunately still are. #Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

58 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

This all falls on MK.  He owned CBG when he started handing out contract extensions like a pez dispenser.  I’ve never seen anything so lazy and irresponsible as the blanket extensions in the name of stability.  Looks like he’s driving away a lot of long time supporters.  

Well said. 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

11 hours ago, bulloni said:

0F5E7DC7-A27C-4D3E-85DF-B6ACB2813D1B.jpeg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

At this point I would love to give him a shot.

At this point, I'm "whatever". Bring in someone now and start over ............ again. Give CBG the last year of his original contract, with hopefully little turnover ........... whatever.