• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BYU Football: Spring Practice Day One Observations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I wouldn’t be focused on BYU. USF’s season will be made or broken due to conference play. 

Most fans I have interacted with are expecting the team to start out 1-3 and are ok with that. If they do start out at 1-3 and then drop the conference opener on 10/1 against East Carolina, then I think the hardcores will start to bail on the 2022 season.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I wouldn’t be focused on BYU. USF’s season will be made or broken due to conference play. 

I disagree, this game will set the tone on what kind of team we have and the season.  We don’t need to win but we need to show that we have a chance of winning and that the team has improved.  If we lay an egg we may be in for a long season or short if some of us bail early.

13 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I disagree, this game will set the tone on what kind of team we have and the season.  We don’t need to win but we need to show that we have a chance of winning and that the team has improved.  If we lay an egg we may be in for a long season or short if some of us bail early.

Very good point. If the team wants to demonstrate progress and attempt to show everyone that 2022 will be different from 2021, they need to be competitive on September 3rd. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

The more I think about it the less I agree with this perspective. To hang everything on one game as the tone setter is pound foolish. The CFB season is a long and arduous track. I personally believe the season will be determined as we get until the middle of the season. 

1 hour ago, USFRaider said:

Most fans I have interacted with are expecting the team to start out 1-3 and are ok with that. If they do start out at 1-3 and then drop the conference opener on 10/1 against East Carolina, then I think the hardcores will start to bail on the 2022 season.

This I agree with. I think a stronger case can be made that the key to the season and setting a tone for wins is the game against East Carolina not BYU.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

Ok, why is the BYU QB bigger than our lineman? Not fair. This guy comes from an entire BYU-Football family tree. Everybody but his mom has, is or will be playing for BYU. There needs to be an investigation I think the Mormons are breeding football players>>>

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I'm only concerned about the next opponent.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, Outlaw said:

But we had the number 1 transfer class for a day and CJS can tell us how great clemson was.

Kind of like being ranked #2 for 1 week. 😂 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Kind of like being ranked #2 for 1 week. 😂 

This is true but under Leavitt we never were this bad and would beat/compete with the big boys. Cjs is all talk and no action so far. He can tell us about this winning culture he is building and how it worked at Clemson all he wants, but his result here has been the worst coach is usf history so far. Hopefully he turns it around because I'm sick of losing.

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

This is true but under Leavitt we never were this bad and would beat/compete with the big boys. Cjs is all talk and no action so far. He can tell us about this winning culture he is building and how it worked at Clemson all he wants, but his result here has been the worst coach is usf history so far. Hopefully he turns it around because I'm sick of losing.

Leavitt defined the word "mediocre".  He only seems like Lombardi because of the crap coaches we have had since his tenure.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Leavitt defined the word "mediocre".  He only seems like Lombardi because of the crap coaches we have had since his tenure.

BUT! BUT! I would be happy with mediocre right now... yada, yada, yada.

Just thought I would beat them to it.

• Upvote 1