• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can Brian Gregory still be fired after the season?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

How do they keep selling this putrid product?  Who wants to buy tickets or attend these games?

You're always going to have some fans that are there through thick and thin no matter how thin it gets ..... and with MBB, it's been anorexic for most of this millennium.

36 minutes ago, SantaBull said:

For Kelly, has lost the Tampa Bay area and suspect that the support that remains within the 5 miles radius around campus will not last forever. The athletic department is a show of its former self.

Just stop. MBB has never had the Tampa Bay area and football lost whatever it had in the area when it got unceremoniously pushed away from the big boys' table ....

9 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I agree with you that he will get probably one to even two more years to improve. The conference will be easier in 2023 meaning that if he can add a couple of decent players in next two years, he might do ok.

sad reality for basketball fans is that the program is really in the back burner. The emphasis right now and rightly so is on improving football and getting OCS. Our donor base is limited and we are just not going to waste money on basketball right now. That worked for UCF we’re they invested in football and basketball was an afterthought.

They invested in basketball and football at the same time ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,850
  • Days Won:  22

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

They invested in basketball and football at the same time ....

Actually go back and look at their history. Their basketball stunk for a long time. It wasn’t until 2008 that they built their arena and basically played in a HS gym. In 8 seasons in CUSA they never went to NCAA and highest finish was 2nd

Edited by Cubanbull

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  1

36 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just stop. MBB has never had the Tampa Bay area and football lost whatever it had in the area when it got unceremoniously pushed away from the big boys' table ....

I would disagree with you there, respectfully of course.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Actually go back and look at their history. Their basketball stunk for a long time. It wasn’t until 2008 that they built their arena and basically played in a HS gym. In 8 seasons in CUSA they never went to NCAA and highest finish was 2nd

Their new basketball and football venues opened within weeks of each other so it's kind of hard to call their investing in basketball an afterthought.

10 minutes ago, SantaBull said:

I would disagree with you there, respectfully of course.

I can be persuaded if you can show me how USF had the Tampa Bay area before MK arrived but now it doesn't .....

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I can be persuaded if you can show me how USF had the Tampa Bay area before MK arrived but now it doesn't .....

If you go back and read I was referencing that Kelly has lost the Tampa Bay area, not MBB. Although I do remember many years where we averaged more fans that what we have seen this season, and I do recall a sell out roughly 30 years ago against the Gators and the mullet!

My bad if I wasn't clear about that.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

I agree with you that he will get probably one to even two more years to improve. The conference will be easier in 2023 meaning that if he can add a couple of decent players in next two years, he might do ok.

sad reality for basketball fans is that the program is really in the back burner. The emphasis right now and rightly so is on improving football and getting OCS. Our donor base is limited and we are just not going to waste money on basketball right now. That worked for UCF we’re they invested in football and basketball was an afterthought.

If we get a stadium, and more importantly start winning in FB, the basketball team can lose all it wants. 

• Like 1