• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt gets head coaching gig…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,891
  • Days Won:  67

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'd prefer CJS get advice about winning against bigger programs AND winning conferences ..... Skip's currently unemployed I believe.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, bring Skippy back??  That would be rich. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

CJS needs a headbutt from CJL to get his mind right.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

What else does he have to lose winning 1 FBS game in 2 seasons? Having the only guy to have success here advising could do wonders for him. CJL is probably too old to want to be the head these days and he was a much better coach than his dad was.  I bet having JL as the football chief of staff would bring in some donors back and bring some excitement to the program. Lets be honest he can help develop this defense and find players to build up. He can give pointers to the DC . CJS can work on this lackluster offense and QB skills which was allegedly his specialty.  IF CJS needed any advice on winning against bigger programs and recruiting in FL. CJL could actually offer advice unlike daddy who FAILED as a head coach.

You’re dreaming and don’t understand the fact the CJS would be hounded by fans to be replaced by Leavitt when anything bad happened.  It would be career suicide to take such an approach and no coach in their right mind would make such a move. Leavitt would be more of distraction to the team than a helpful coach. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, bring Skippy back??  That would be rich. 

I was just basing that on the criteria outlined in the post I responded to ...... which was kind of ludicrous to begin with.

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I was just basing that on the criteria outlined in the post I responded to ...... which was kind of ludicrous to begin with.

I guess since this is the preposterous thread, I suggest we get Nick Saban out of retirement to help CJS as a special consultant, maybe bring in Wayne Kiffin to run the offense as well. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Seems Leavitt gets more Bulls fans' kind words in one tweet than some coaches get in an entire year...

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Days Won:  28

If he comes here, he is welcome to be an analyst. I doubt he does that. I think the Bucs should give him a job. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I guess since this is the preposterous thread, I suggest we get Nick Saban out of retirement to help CJS as a special consultant, maybe bring in Wayne Kiffin to run the offense as well. 

Should be able to get him cheap ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,545
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Is it more ridiculous than paying a guy to be the chief of staff for football with a career losing record as a coach and was never successful as a head coach? How is he supposed to help? He got the job to lure CJS here and it looks like wasted money at this point. Hire a guy with a proven track record at least.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Should be able to get him cheap ...

Wayne is Lane’s bigger brother, more like Monty on D but more creative on O, he would be a steal.