• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Have we hit rock bottom?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

Simple question:

Is this rock bottom or can it get worst from here for football?

Left behind by UCF, only 1 mediocre FBS win, +5.5 on the Tulane game, administration still bsing on the OCS, no real path forward.

Thoughts?

• Haha 1
  • ???? 2

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Rock bottom was September 3rd: just lost 45-0 and just announced UCF was leaving us behind

Since then

• the IPF secured funding and "broke ground"
  • it's been announced that an OCS is happening and it sounds like some real progress is being made behind the scenes
  • we actually look like a competitive football team
  • looks like we've found our QB for the next 3 seasons

Ditto. Rock bottom was earlier this year. The offense is showing life. Our defense looks like we only have 16 players and we are just trying to get through games without getting hurt. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

Agree on September 3rd, 2021 . . .

Drunk Mark Duplass GIF by Room104

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

27 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Rock bottom was September 3rd: just lost 45-0 and just announced UCF was leaving us behind

Since then

• the IPF secured funding and "broke ground"
  • it's been announced that an OCS is happening and it sounds like some real progress is being made behind the scenes
  • we actually look like a competitive football team
  • looks like we've found our QB for the next 3 seasons

That's not a bad official rock bottom date for USF Football.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I had to comment on this one.

I started a "have we hit rock bottom?" thread on at least 2 occasions in the past.

I think they were (but I could be wrong):

• Near the end of the last year of the Holtz New Error (if I recall we lost to Ball State that year, barely beat Nevada, lost all of our BE games except for Uconn, and were about to be relegated to the mid-majors).  For anyone who was around for the Leavitt years, that really felt like rock bottom.
  • Right about the time where Taggart was struggling to win anything for over a year (before he let Flowers be Flowers).  

Both of these times seemed like "rock bottom."  It can get no worse than this, I thought.  We must be on our way back up, right?

Let's just say that I won't ever start a thread like this again.  No matter how dark it is, it can always get darker.  That being said, I feel like we are making a turnaround, and I think the "last" rock bottom was probably the end of the 2019 season and the 2020 season.  Let's beat Tulane and central college, and I will be sure we have turned the corner.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

4 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I had to comment on this one.

I started a "have we hit rock bottom?" thread on at least 2 occasions in the past.

I think they were (but I could be wrong):

• Near the end of the last year of the Holtz New Error (if I recall we lost to Ball State that year, barely beat Nevada, lost all of our BE games except for Uconn, and were about to be relegated to the mid-majors).  For anyone who was around for the Leavitt years, that really felt like rock bottom.
  • Right about the time where Taggart was struggling to win anything for over a year (before he let Flowers be Flowers).  

Both of these times seemed like "rock bottom."  It can get no worse than this, I thought.  We must be on our way back up, right?

Let's just say that I won't ever start a thread like this again.  No matter how dark it is, it can always get darker.  That being said, I feel like we are making a turnaround, and I think the "last" rock bottom was probably the end of the 2019 season and the 2020 season.  Let's beat Tulane and central college, and I will be sure we have turned the corner.

McNeese state has to be on the mount rushmore of USF rock bottoms. First game of a new coach, first game after getting relegated to the kids table, and get our **** kicked in by an FCS team

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,309
  • Days Won:  10

We are being dragged along the bottom.   This has been going on for a while and will continue until the University Administration decides to make it stop.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,397
  • Days Won:  3

Man. Where have you been?