• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McClain can be on par with Flowers and Grothe

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

46 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Compared to last year our O line has been good. They have generally played well this year as has the offense. 

They've given up 7 sacks in 9 games, with a couple of those coming off bad snaps if I recall correctly. Have to agree that OL has not been a problem this year ...

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Compared to last year our O line has been good. They have generally played well this year as has the offense. 

Not comparing this to last year. In general we need a better o-line.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Oline just went up against a tough dline. I think they are fine but we could use a better everything.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Oline just went up against a tough dline. I think they are fine but we could use a better everything.

So if we had a better o-line the QB wouldn’t be getting beat up or throwing the ball away on multiple plays. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

6 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

So if we had a better o-line the QB wouldn’t be getting beat up or throwing the ball away on multiple plays. 

If he's throwing the ball away, more often than not, it means he had time but nobody was open .... and a lot his getting beat up are on designed runs. The OL isn't perfect and can always be better but I think they've done their job more than almost any other unit ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

38 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

You are way off here, Timmy has not been getting roughed up in the pocket (O lines job), he has been beat up from design runs. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,064
  • Days Won:  38

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are way off here, Timmy has not been getting roughed up in the pocket (O lines job), he has been beat up from design runs. 

Yes and I think some weird back to back ones in the red zone (memory is hazy).  Not sure what crack they were on there outside of the usual strat.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

McC has the talent. He is getting the experience and it shows positive. He needs to pump up get some bulk on him. He needs work on his passing. He is quick to take off when it's an RPO and often misses seeing open recvrs. I think he needs some tutoring re: his field vision not sure he see's everything he should. I hope he isn't fragile?? We need another talented QB in the wings just in case. If he gets knocked out of the game and we go to the backup we cant have our quality of play decrease. He's good but....he ain't no Grothe, BJ or Flowers "yet". Hope he has a very very good off season. CJS needs to recruit or find a transfer that can challenge him for the starting role. 

19 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

How am I way off? We have the #93 ranked offense as of this week. The comparison to Flowers and Grothe comes from his ability to escape being sacked, hence the few sacks. If ANYONE believes we don't need better line play I can't help them.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

How am I way off? We have the #93 ranked offense as of this week. The comparison to Flowers and Grothe comes from his ability to escape being sacked, hence the few sacks. If ANYONE believes we don't need better line play I can't help them.

We could be better at EVERY position but we have way more issues on this team than the office of wine. Again, they done a pretty **** good job in my opinion. You have also neglected the fact that are running game has been pretty decent this year that are not happen just because of two good running backs they still have to have the holes.