• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who called UAB for a stadium tour?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, michibull said:

I believe students would rather walk to the stadium and sit on bleachers, than catch a bus to the stadium. I believe having friends that you go to and tail gate at Engineering Building 1 will find it more convenient and more fun to go down memory lane than driving off campus to a grass parking next to Yankee stadium Jr. I believe parents deciding to take their kids to a game and walking through campus sharing memories more convenient than “just” going to a game. I believe transplant alumni that come back to Florida on vacation will find it more convenient to spend a day at campus and a game than having to split it between 2 days because they are not located on the same campus. I believe that going to a USF Bulls football game with Green and Gold everywhere and even with a football history/hall of fame dedicated to USF rather than red and pewter with a pirate ship in the end zone creates a more enticing appeal which would off set some negatives. College sports means so much more and is more personal than professional sports. I could be wrong, but this is how I was brought up and what I believe. 

standing ovation GIF

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, michibull said:

I believe students would rather walk to the stadium and sit on bleachers, than catch a bus to the stadium. I believe having friends that you go to and tail gate at Engineering Building 1 will find it more convenient and more fun to go down memory lane than driving off campus to a grass parking next to Yankee stadium Jr. I believe parents deciding to take their kids to a game and walking through campus sharing memories more convenient than “just” going to a game. I believe transplant alumni that come back to Florida on vacation will find it more convenient to spend a day at campus and a game than having to split it between 2 days because they are not located on the same campus. I believe that going to a USF Bulls football game with Green and Gold everywhere and even with a football history/hall of fame dedicated to USF rather than red and pewter with a pirate ship in the end zone creates a more enticing appeal which would off set some negatives. College sports means so much more and is more personal than professional sports. I could be wrong, but this is how I was brought up and what I believe. 

I ran out of reactions, so I just want to say that I totally agree. For many of us (most of us?) alumni, campus is full of memories and there's a lot of emotion tied to it. Watching our school play football there, on campus, would be something really, really special. Taking my kids to WBB and MBB games over the years, I've been able to point out buildings I had courses in, tell stories of my time at USF in the actual places those stories happened, etc. That goes way beyond just showing up to watch 3 hours of football someplace.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

26 minutes ago, michibull said:

Fess up, as you were writing that, you were envisioning it being read aloud by Darth Vader ....... Honestly, I hope we get an ocs and I hope you're right.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

51 minutes ago, michibull said:

This 💯 I want to walk my son and daughter around campus and show them where I had classes, where I lived, etc. It’s about the memories. My dad went to UF and as much as I dislike them, I do enjoy seeing how happy my dad is showing me around their campus when we go to games.  He graduated from UF almost 50 years ago, but when he gets on campus is like he’s 20 something again. I want to do that with my son and daughter. An on campus stadium isn’t going to solve everything, but don’t see how it could be any worse? 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MikeG said:

USF has all of it's sports played in OCS except for football. Please tell us how you have used those game days to stroll around campus and wax prolifically about your golden years going to USF.

What a bunch of total BS. Game day experience (read this carefully) SIX TO EIGHT TIMES A FREAKING YEAR is somehow the savior of our football team? Ridiculous.

Take a team like Pitt --- TOP 25 rated and even a former conference mate. Did you realize they had an on campus stadium (still do possibly though now unused) but when the Steelers and city decided to build Heinz Field -- they did so as a partnership. Quite unique and even the iron gates feature BOTH logos. Hasn't stopped them from moving on from the Big East and into the ACC or having success. The difference? They have been around over a century. Like RJS-- it is also a central location that helps ALL fans get to the stadium, not just LAZY ******* COLLEGE STUDENTS who can't be bothered to roll out of bed.

It is not essential to have an OCS - not at all. Especially living in a metropolitan area where we have options on where we can play (Old Sombrero and then RJS) versus some dumpy place like Norman OK that HAD to build aplace to play their game and started so long ago that they built the place up. All those other schools have something USF will never have-- tons of history. If you are so dead set on having an OCS-- great. But making BS statements about WHY WE NEED ONE need to stop. They are nonsense and completely refutable.

I think you might be confusing "need" meaning we'd really like one for all of the reasons proponents have already listed and the literal "need" meaning that USF football will actually cease to exist without one. You seem smart enough to tell the difference between the two. Clearly, nobody is saying the world will come to an end without an OCS. But, we see exactly how far we've gotten without an OCS and playing in RJS. Whether relegation has come because we play in a red pro stadium, because we lose a lot, because casual fans will never accept USF, because of inept administrator, terrible luck, who knows. To me our slide and some way out of it is a totally different issue than wanting an OCS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

7 minutes ago, MikeG said:

This would be impossible to do on a Basketball game day.

yeesh - sad argument

I think having an on campus stadium would make the experience better and you obviously don’t. People are allowed to have a difference of opinion. It’s not a necessity, but I think it would make the games more fun. You’re right I could show them around (and do) for basketball games, but it’s just not the same. The atmosphere for football games is different. 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MikeG said:

yeesh - sad argument

Then let's save a bunch of money and just fold the football program. Since you say everything we all want can be accomplished by just going to basketball games on campus, what the heck do we need football for at all?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960

10 minutes ago, MikeG said:

yeesh - sad argument

No, but it is impossible at Ray Jay 😂

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, michibull said:

I believe that going to a USF Bulls football game with Green and Gold everywhere and even with a football history/hall of fame dedicated to USF rather than red and pewter with a pirate ship in the end zone creates a more enticing appeal which would off set some negatives. College sports means so much more and is more personal than professional sports. I could be wrong, but this is how I was brought up and what I believe. 

This.

Inject this straight into my veins.

Also those people comparing basketball to football in Florida - lol.

Edited by zarnozdabull
  • Haha 1