• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,530
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Got to put some blame on Clemson for winning too much lol. The least they can do is help USF get into ACC by exiting 

Is Clemson South Florida the next USF rebrand??

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I can't speak for UCF, but to me it's not a huge deal because we've been going as far as Texas and Oklahoma for about 20 years with a fraction of the conference revenue and prestige. The only time we've likely had close trips was before we joined football playing conferences and had our non football sports in places like the Atlantic Sun. As an FBS school we've always been far from everyone else. Before the AAC and USF, I think UAB was our closest geographic opponent.

I’m sure the UCF Athletics Department has considered this, but unlike most of the AAC schools, not all of the Big 12 schools have direct flights from Orlando. As a result, if your programs travel commercial, then connecting flights are required (probably DFW).  I used to travel to Lubbock, and always had to go thru DFW. I also learned the hard way that DFW means Delayed For Weather.  I haven’t  done the research, but I suspect that there aren’t any direct flights from Orlando to Waco, Stillwater, Lawrence, Manhattan, and Ames. I flew into Lubbock once with the K-State women’s tennis team on the flight. Two flights to get from Manhattan to Lubbock? Ugh! Charter flights save time, but at what cost?

All of this travel has to have an impact on student athletes. Jet lag? I’m sure that the UCLA Volleyball team is looking forward to flying to NJ to play Rutgers (sarcasm font). It’s all about choices, and understanding the impacts of those choices.

On a different subject, I appreciate your commentary, and how you respond in a professional and respectful manner. You represent UCF well, and I wish that your UCF peers would act similarly on social media.  Good luck to your school in the Big 12/16.

I spent 3 years flying from Tampa/Orlando

• Like 3

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Bull Gooner said:

If the ACC dropped FSU and CLEM and added USF and UCONN, I would be totally happy with that. Feels like a good fit for a (hopefully) rising USF team. 🤘

As we all would…but unfortunately the moment the GOR gets opened up for FSU/Clemson about 7 other schools will bolt as well, leaving only Syracuse, Wake, and BC to pick up the pieces.  At that point those schools will probably go to big east and drop football or join aac.  There’s no such thing as the ACC losing just FSU and Clemson-the conference is snake bitten and will die.  

AAC needs to be proactive and look west, maybe grab CSU and AF then let the dominos fall on the rest of the mw conference and reassess.  I don’t think tv partners are interested in spending any new money out west.  Having contract in hand is gold for the aac.

Edited by I like GOOOOLD (and green)

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

As we all would…but unfortunately the moment the GOR gets opened up for FSU/Clemson about 7 other schools will bolt as well, leaving only Syracuse, Wake, and BC to pick up the pieces.  At that point those schools will probably go to big east and drop football or join aac.  There’s no such thing as the ACC losing just FSU and Clemson-the conference is snake bitten and will die.  

AAC needs to be proactive and look west, maybe grab CSU and AF then let the dominos fall on the rest of the mw conference and reassess.  I don’t think tv partners are interested in spending any new money out west.  Having contract in hand is gold for the aac.

That’s the fear that it won’t be just FSU and Clemson leaving. The AAC having an ESPN contract that can be opened if right teams come in, is a big tool for Aresco in reaching out to PAC4. Could offer a merger keeping the PAC name and A5 title. Travel for those 4 could be kept to Texas schools and Tulsa. Let’s see if Aresco can pull this one out.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

12 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

That's actually just a myth floating on Twitter and online forums from fans of teams that want it to be true. Adding new teams does not open up the GOR. The new teams just sign onto the existing terms.

See the Big 12: once Texas and Oklahoma announced they were leaving, the Big 12 invited 4 new teams. That didn't let them out of the GOR early. We've now even reached the point where the 4 new teams have joined alongside Oklahoma and Texas, still didn't let them out early. 

I’ve never read the B12 GOR but the ACC one definitely states that you owe them the rights to everything in the named media contract. The last time they changed the media contract they redid the GOR because if the media deal no longer exists you owe them nothing from it.

Who in the B12 was the SEC or B1G clamoring for that made them not want to resign? FSU and Clemson have hundreds of millions more reasons to find an out than did anyone in the B12 so just because they stuck with their only option doesn’t mean the ACC contract is unbreakable by making changes.

Do you not wonder why as every other conference at their level is now in flux they are remaining stagnant?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

I was expecting @smazza to hijack this thread overnight and get us to 3,000.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

33 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

That’s the fear that it won’t be just FSU and Clemson leaving. The AAC having an ESPN contract that can be opened if right teams come in, is a big tool for Aresco in reaching out to PAC4. Could offer a merger keeping the PAC name and A5 title. Travel for those 4 could be kept to Texas schools and Tulsa. Let’s see if Aresco can pull this one out.

No one is moving from a previously P5 conference down to a G5 conference whether they are down to 3 teams or down to 1. Take the remaining ACC and the remaining PAC and add the best of the G5 under either moniker and it is more valuable than adding to the AAC by leaps and bounds. Besides the branding portion the move away from the AAC is as much about what you get to lose as what you get to gain.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, TallyBull said:

If “this” is happening in weeks and months, not years, don’t you mean we’ll be in the ACC (not AAC) come opening of the new stadium? 

No, we aren't being mentioned at all and we'll miss this round - again - and still be in the AAC.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Thankfully USF has old BigEast allies in ACC. UL, Pitt, Cuse

Pretty sure Pitt blew up the Big East. Not sure I'd call them allies.