• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, michibull said:

The only hang up for us is if the ACC wants western partnered for Cal/Stanford, then OSU/WSU/SDSU become real threats to us. 

The biggest threat may actually be Miami.

They do NOT want to be in a league with us. If they can't get out of the ACC (then they would not vote to allow us in).

It's how we feel about FAU. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

I kind of hope these conferences end at 20 teams.  For football, that would mean 4 5-team regional pods where you play the other 4 in your pod each year plus play another pod every 3 years for 9 conference games and 3 OOC games.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

17 minutes ago, Bear said:

They do NOT want to be in a league with us. If they can't get out of the ACC (then they would not vote to allow us in).

It's how we feel about FAU. 

Miami is just one vote and I'm not sure it has much political pull with the ACC's other members. In fact, if Miami did make a stink about it, I could see the other ACC members voting to add USF just to spite them. It was a bigger stretch for the ACC to invite Cal, Stanford, and SMU to the ACC - which FSU opposed as much as I'd expect Miami to oppose USF, if not more so - and we see how that vote went. The ACC could lock down the two largest media markets in Florida, at a time when keeping as strong a media deal as possible is key. USF is the logical add and I'd expect Miami to go along with it once it realizes it doesn't have the votes to keep USF out.

EDIT: How we feel about FAU didn't manage to keep FAU out of the AAC either (sadly).

Edited by TallyBull
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

Miami is just one vote and I'm not sure it has much political pull with the ACC's other members. In fact, if Miami did make a stink about it, I could see the other ACC members voting to add USF just to spite them. It was a bigger stretch for the ACC to invite Cal, Stanford, and SMU to the ACC - which FSU opposed as much as I'd expect Miami to oppose USF, if not more so - and we see how that vote went. The ACC could lock down the two largest media markets in Florida, at a time when keeping as strong a media deal as possible is key. USF is the logical add and I'd expect Miami to go along with it once it realizes it doesn't have the votes to keep USF out.

Then this is good news! 

Especially with our AD's ACC connections.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Bear said:

It's how we feel about FAU

A rivalry as old as time itself. The “West Coast is Best Coast vs the East Coast is Beast Coast, Florida Jamboree Bowl”

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  308
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bear said:

Then this is good news! 

Especially with our AD's ACC connections.

Wait. Our AD has ACC connections? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He does, although it hasn't translated to an ACC invitation - at least, not yet. Connections can only do so much... a vote by member institutions is required.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

EDIT: How we feel about FAU didn't manage to keep FAU out of the AAC either (sadly).

Miami might not like it, but just as we didn't like the additions of UCF and FAU ultimately we did what was best for the league. If a a strong majority of remaining ACC teams believe its in their best interest to add us, they will add us.

Besides I do believe Miami is one of those teams that will ultimately leave the ACC.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

4 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Besides I do believe Miami is one of those teams that will ultimately leave the ACC.

They could be up to a 3 win team in the B1G. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

38 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Tons! Heck MK was the one that got the ACC championship championship game to RJS years ago.

• Upvote 1