• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:
50 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Yeah idk about that. All of this realignment is strictly for money.

Unless I missed Bama leaving for the Ivy League.

lol like bama cares about academics....

Apparently the Tide does focus on macroeconomics...

WWW.AL.COM

Kalen DeBoer's contract details were made public on Monday.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Apparently the Tide does focus on macroeconomics...

WWW.AL.COM

Kalen DeBoer's contract details were made public on Monday.

I stand corrected. He does get a $50k bonus if their graduation rate is in the top half of the SEC. They really do care about academics.....

of course he gets an $875k bonus for winning a natty

it's crazy how much leverage these schools give these coaches.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

33 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

New CFP deal was signed this afternoon and the ACC will be getting $1 million more per school than the Big XII.

Not knowing all the ever changing ins and outs of all this, would the ACC backfill their losses from the Big XII?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not knowing all the ever changing ins and outs of all this, would the ACC backfill their losses from the Big XII?

Maybe, and that would be unfortunate, because I'd much rather be in the ACC than the Big 12. That said, if the ACC is ruled out and the Big 12 comes calling...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  414
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Can't see it happening. It's the Big 12 vs PAC 12 drama part 2. The reason the PAC was still better at the top even after USC and UCLA left was because of Oregon and Washington. But those were the schools that wanted to leave the most. Same thing applies here. The schools keeping the ACC above the Big 12 are the ones that want out, very loudly. Once that's gone there's no reason for a Big 12 team to spend money for a move to a lateral at best, slight downgrade at worst. PAC fans also made the same argument that they have better academics and major metros, which is true, but that's not what the TV deals pay for. ACC's options will either be stand still or pluck from the G5 just like the Big 12 had to do after getting raided.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  1

I personally rank the ACC leftovers above the B12 on the field, and it’s close on TV viewership as well. That being said, it’s really splitting hairs and the P2 will eventually exclude both. 

Edited by aroth
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I would love to be in a league with some of these schools: Georgia Tech, Miami, Duke, Wake, NC State, Virginia, Va Tech, Pitt, Cuse, Louisville, BC

(assuming FSU, Clemson, UNC are gone)

No offense to SMU, Cal, Stanford, I don't object to them being there. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960

16 minutes ago, aroth said:

I personally rank the ACC leftovers above the B12 on the field, and it’s close on TV viewership as well. That being said, it’s really splitting hairs and the P2 will eventually exclude both. 

I agree with you. The B12 have zero teams that anyone is interested in; they have quantity, not quality. IF the ACC loses FSU, Clem, UNC and Miami; VT, GT, NCST, Pitt, Louisville, Duke, Stanford, Cal, Syracuse are all better than what the B12 has except maybe Oklahoma St. 

• Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

59 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not likely if they lose 4 or more. Big 12 members will be in wait and see mode to see what happens to the ACC, so no chance that Big 12 teams right now would jump to the ACC due to the uncertainty.

Now if the ACC only loses two and there is some certainty that the Big 10 and SEC are done than perhaps the ACC could go after a WVU, Kansas, or Cincy.

But the Big 12 seems at an advantage right now over the ACC, and is a vey stable conference due to the PAC implosion.

But if you see ACC backfilling with Big 12 teams than I wouldn't be surprised if the Big 12 considers us an option

• Content Count:  162

Admittedly, I would love for USF to get an invite to either the ACC or B12 for obvious reasons (wouldn’t we all?). I don’t think either really has a huge advantage over the other, and I’m probably bias growing up on the east coast. I remember seeing team TV ratings comparing the ACC/B12/PAC from last year, and they were pretty close to each other if you exclude FSU and UW/UO. 

My belief is they need each other to survive as the mid-tier conferences between the P2 and the G5. I hope we get an invite and they work cooperatively to distance themselves from the G5. 

• Upvote 1