• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 12/26/2023 at 9:23 AM, Cubanbull said:

Let’s face it if FSU leaves ACC, USF is almost a slam dunk to be added. There Rea T any other options for them, that offer what we have.

you havent learned yet

usf isnt a slam dunk

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 12/25/2023 at 5:40 PM, Cat941 said:

Good catch!   Makes a lot of sense that we should be on the list as a replacement.  Could get very interesting depending on what Miami does too.    

cal and stanford will not stay with this watered down crap

they will go back west

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  3

42 minutes ago, smazza said:

they will go back west

New look mountain west conference?

with the addition of pac 2 plus cal/stanford MWC might be considered the best G5.

I think a lot of conferences are saturated with east coast teams (B1G and B12 aside) B1G needs a Florida school, and B12 needs a travel partner for UCF and WVU.

I think the p-conferences try to tear each other apart first, then if all else fails they turn to G5 which has the AAC and MWC as the top two targets. No one should touch CUSA (I don’t know why they exist). Sun Belt and MAC seem safe as well.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,388
  • Days Won:  10

Right now, we don't offer a whole lot attractive to any P conference.  They can afford to take their time being picky.  We seem to be falling for the Fundamental Attribution Error.  It essentially notes that "If my team gets promoted to P status, it is because they did it due to internal causes (they wanted it more, worked harder, are more talented, recruited better, etc.), but if my team does not get promoted, it is due to external causes (ESPN hates us, ____ University is blocking us, we don't have an OCS, prior President didn't prioritize it, etc.)

Those with an internal locus of control will most times perform better because they focus on what they have power over.  That means working hard enough, recruiting well,  coaching better, and finally, winning.  AAU status, OCS, our market, palm trees - are external variables and none of that is going to get us promoted.  Only one thing will - winning.  Yes, we started to possibly turn a corner.  But if we want to be courted and not just hope against hope that a P teams leaves their conference and we can be the best nerd picked in gym class to replace them, one season isn't going to do it.  It needs to be a trend.  I cringe when posters rest their hopes on someone leaving and we being the least undesirable team to fill that spot.  I believe we will earn it by winning to the extent that it would look ridiculous to be left out.  Backing in doesn't engender a whole lot of pride in me.

Right now, we offer potential.  That puts us in a large group.  I believe that Coach will make us desirable enough in time.  But I don't think a conference is going to offer us millions and millions solely because they would like another team to have a "travel partner" or whatever that means.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

IMO this is a MUST READ for everybody.

Who Moved My Cheese? is a simple parable that reveals profound truths. It is an amusing and enlightening story of four characters who live in a "Maze" and look for "Cheese" to nourish them and make them happy.

Two are mice named Sniff and Scurry. And two are "Littlepeople" -- beings the size of mice who look and act a lot like people. Their names are Hem and Haw.

"Cheese" is a metaphor for what you want to have in life -- whether it is a good job, a loving relationship, money, a possession, health, or spiritual peace of mind. And the "Maze" is where you look for what you want -- the organization you work in, or the family or community you live in. In the story, the characters are faced with unexpected change. Eventually, one of them deals with it successfully, and writes what he has learned from his experience on the Maze walls.

When you come to see "The Handwriting on the Wall," you can discover for yourself how to deal with change, so that you can enjoy less stress and more success (however you define it) in your work and in your life.
Who Moved My Cheese? - Wikipedia

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,123
  • Days Won:  6

12 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

For USF’s sake we all better be hoping that the ACC comes out ahead. 

To what end, are we envisioning that the moment we join the ACC the shuffling will end?

I know I'm in the minority but if you play this to it's eventual conclusion there will be 2 leagues left standing that don't look an awful lot like the AAC and we won't be asked to join.  They will cherry pick from the weaker leagues and declare themselves the elite leagues or something and have their own championship.  

This is Fox and ESPNs toy now and all they want is eyeballs.  Tampa becoming the next Austin is the only thing I see changing that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

23 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

IMO this is a MUST READ for everybody.

Who Moved My Cheese? is a simple parable that reveals profound truths. It is an amusing and enlightening story of four characters who live in a "Maze" and look for "Cheese" to nourish them and make them happy.

Two are mice named Sniff and Scurry. And two are "Littlepeople" -- beings the size of mice who look and act a lot like people. Their names are Hem and Haw.

"Cheese" is a metaphor for what you want to have in life -- whether it is a good job, a loving relationship, money, a possession, health, or spiritual peace of mind. And the "Maze" is where you look for what you want -- the organization you work in, or the family or community you live in. In the story, the characters are faced with unexpected change. Eventually, one of them deals with it successfully, and writes what he has learned from his experience on the Maze walls.

When you come to see "The Handwriting on the Wall," you can discover for yourself how to deal with change, so that you can enjoy less stress and more success (however you define it) in your work and in your life.
Who Moved My Cheese? - Wikipedia

Good book. After I had read it I gave it to a friend who was having a hard time transitioning to the move to Florida from NJ.  Not sure if it helped but she still lives down here.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

44 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Right now, we don't offer a whole lot attractive to any P conference.

how dare you picard GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

3 hours ago, smazza said:

you havent learned yet

usf isnt a slam dunk

Ok. Sure

3 hours ago, smazza said:

they will go back west

Back west with who? The MWC with Boise lol

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

2 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

New look mountain west conference?

with the addition of pac 2 plus cal/stanford MWC might be considered the best G5.

I think a lot of conferences are saturated with east coast teams (B1G and B12 aside) B1G needs a Florida school, and B12 needs a travel partner for UCF and WVU.

I think the p-conferences try to tear each other apart first, then if all else fails they turn to G5 which has the AAC and MWC as the top two targets. No one should touch CUSA (I don’t know why they exist). Sun Belt and MAC seem safe as well.

If you think Cal and Stanford will join a conference with Boise and Fresno, well then you really need to look closer at what Stanford and Cal are really like