• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

True. I’m just hoping we can get the call up to the ACC soon. Still wondering about all that FSU and crew wanting out now smoke. 

ACC will more than likely end up being the 3rd best conference behind SEC & big ten. Something will eventually happen but by then hopefully USF is ready which means both football & mens hoops better be strong imo 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

6 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

ACC will more than likely end up being the 3rd best conference behind SEC & big ten. Something will eventually happen but by then hopefully USF is ready which means both football & mens hoops better be strong imo 

This is really the best option. 

If we can remain in the top half (winning a championship within the next 2-3 years)... Keep our attendance up, while showing progress of building that OCS. 

We could step up in priority over Memphis, UCONN, and (SDSU, Colorado St, or UNLV)... Tulane, however, just looks great right now. 

Edited by Bear
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

16 minutes ago, Bear said:

This is really the best option. 

If we can remain in the top half (winning a championship within the next 2-3 years)... Keep our attendance up, while showing progress of building that OCS. 

We could step up in priority over Memphis, UCONN, and (SDSU, Colorado St, or UNLV)... Tulane, however, just looks great right now. 

Stadium WILL, reportedly, be completed in 3 years

Agree, right now. And probably will be as long as their coach stays.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

We shall see….

E2F92E90-6C93-425C-9148-34338CB33CCA.png

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

They and WSU should be announcing that since it's almost December and schedules need to be filled.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, macphisto said:

I doubt FSU gets a Big Ten invite. They would invite Miami, UNC, Duke, etc before FSU due to academics. USF has a better chance due to their AAU membership. Also not sure about getting out of the grant of rights deal.  FSU will have a difficult time getting free from the ACC.

I wouldn't discount the idea of FSU to the B1G. They're a national brand, they draw eyeballs, and while not currently in the AAU, allegedly USF getting in before them lit a fire under some people's a$$es to get it done. Despite the lack of AAU status, they're still a pre-eminent school in the state, and if the B1G wanted a Florida brand that could compete with UF, they'd take Florida State before Miami IMO. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

33 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

They and WSU should be announcing that since it's almost December and schedules need to be filled.

It would be a blow to the AAC if OSU and WSU joined the Mountain West.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

It would be a blow to the AAC if OSU and WSU joined the Mountain West.

I doubt that happens.  Would be more likely the Mountain West would dissolve and join them. I believe the court ruling is coming soon.  I doubt OSU or WSU are leaving. It's just a matter of how they handle adding someone. MW works geographically but there may be some more appealing teams in the AAC.  USF increased their value and are in a good sized market. UNT, UTSA, and Rice are in three large Texas markets.  Tulane is in New Orleans, is excellent academically and done well in football of late. Memphis has appeal in football and basketball.  

The largest question is how do schedules get filled next year. It may be possible to make some adjustments in MWC and AAC team schedules to cancel OOC games for next season and allow for a year notice before leaving if that happens to some teams but not all.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  414
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, macphisto said:

I doubt that happens.  Would be more likely the Mountain West would dissolve and join them. I believe the court ruling is coming soon.  I doubt OSU or WSU are leaving. It's just a matter of how they handle adding someone. MW works geographically but there may be some more appealing teams in the AAC.  USF increased their value and are in a good sized market. UNT, UTSA, and Rice are in three large Texas markets.  Tulane is in New Orleans, is excellent academically and done well in football of late. Memphis has appeal in football and basketball.  

The largest question is how do schedules get filled next year. It may be possible to make some adjustments in MWC and AAC team schedules to cancel OOC games for next season and allow for a year notice before leaving if that happens to some teams but not all.

I don't think there's enough value left in the PAC. If there were at least 4 but probably 6 legacy teams left, then they'd have the value to build a best of the rest league. 

But with just the 2 Pacific Northwest little brothers? Not sure it's there. So since the money isn't there, it's not really worthwhile for either MWC or AAC schools to pay the exit fees and make marginally better money in a far flung league. Instead the easiest and most straightforward path is just merge with the MWC because this avoids the need for exit fees and keeps it geographically tighter.

• Upvote 1